Menu

If you had a feeling about the gender of your baby while pregnant...

If you had a gender "feeling" were you right?  

1. 1. If you had a gender "feeling" were you right?

• I felt I knew the gender of my baby (one or more times) and I was right.
    • I felt I knew the gender of my baby (one or more times) and I was wrong.
    • I felt I knew the gender of my baby (more than once) and was right sometimes and wrong sometimes.
    • I never had a feeling about the gender of my baby.

I was right with all three of mine. I've never had any ultrasounds. The first time I wanted a boy, but started feeling like she was a girl somewhere near the end of the 2nd trimester. I was convinced DS1 was a boy pretty much from the beginning (even though I wanted a girl). I wanted a girl with DS2 too but I started feeling like he was a boy somewhere in the 2nd trimester, although I kept trying to convince myself he was a girl for a while.

For me any pregnancy dream I've had that included baby's gender was right. I only had girl baby dreams with DD, and only boy baby dreams with DS1 (including a dream where I had triplets born days apart and I was SO disappointed when the last one was born and they were all boys--I was rather disappointed when he proved to be a boy too even though I was expecting it). I only had one gender dream with DS2, shortly before he was born, and yup, it was a boy dream. I didn't base what I thought the gender would be on the dreams, though.

With my first 5, I knew they were boys. I really was hoping the third one was a girl, but it was a boy. The sixth baby I knew she was a girl but I was like "Nah, 5 boys, my body likes carrying boys, it can't be a girl". I love her to pieces. Now I'm having crazy dreams that I am pregnant with twins...or is it triplets...and they are all boys. Let's hope those dreams are just dreams. :lol:

I was certain that number 4 was a boy. With my first two pregnancies, both girls, I was sick as a dog, tired, grouchy. With the third, a boy, I felt great throughout. With 4 I felt fabulous, full of energy. I was so surprised when the ultrasound showed girl. Not upset, just surprised because I was so certain that she was a he.

I have been wrong almost every time, except for my DS, and that was only because the U/S technician was very sure he was a boy. (BTW, the other two ultrasounds we had were wrong...they both said boy, and we have two girls!).

This time around, I feel like this is a boy. He kicks the heck out of me, just like DS did, and I just have that feeling.

.....so it'll probably turn out to be a girl. :lol:

Yes- with DD, I felt so strongly that she was a girl (and didn't have an ultrasound until 32 weeks) that my friends/family threw me a shower w/ a girl theme- LOL. Guess they know me pretty well and trust my gut :) .

With DS, I felt strongly as well- but was so sick that I didn't care as much- LOL

I was right all four times. With my fourth (a son), I was told it was a girl after my first sono. I asked for another at my next appt. because I really thought it was a boy, and they said girl again. Still disbelieving, I asked them to try again at my next appt., and was told it STILL was a girl. I told her I really thought it was wrong, so she sent me in that afternoon for a higher tech one and they said the same thing..."girl." My sweet husband, who heard all of these confirmations from different doctors but knows me well agreed to a 3D-type ultrasound from one of those specialty places. I think I was the only one that was NOT shocked when we saw his little boy parts ;)

On a side note, I am so glad I was persistent and trusted my feeling, because my daughter was heartbroken that she was getting a third brother and not a sister, so it took the remainder of the pregnancy for her to come around to the idea. Imagine if I took their word(s) for it...

I was absolutely certain that my first was a girl and that she had brown hair and blue eyes. I just *knew* it. I knew her name years before she was even conceived. There was just never any question. When the baby was born and lying on my chest, DH and I were cooing and everything, and several minutes later, the midwife said, "So, Mom and Dad, what kind did you get?" It hadn't even occurred to us to check, because I was so convinced it was a girl. And indeed it was a girl, and she has brown hair and blue eyes. (We hadn't really decided on a boy's name.)

With our second, I had no feeling either way, and we had a boy's name picked out but couldn't decide on a girl's name.

I had that same strong feeling about my third baby. Very sure it was a girl. When DH caught the baby, and I sat up enough to take the baby, I said, with great surprise, "and it's a boy!" DH said, "it's a boy!" DD, who was watching, said, "it's a BOY??" LOL. (We hadn't decided on any names; I had a girl's name that I liked, but DH wasn't quite sold on it yet, and we never had agreed on a boy's name. It ended up taking us five days to name him, and the name we chose wasn't even on any of our short lists, but it's so perfectly his name.)

I didn't have a feeling either way about the fourth. (And that time, we still didn't settle on a girl's name -- I kept waffling between a couple of them -- but we had the boy's name tentatively chosen by about 20 weeks.)

I thought #1 and #2 were boys, they were.

I thought #4 was a boy, she wasn't. Can't really remember with the others.

After having 3 boys and 3 girls and then another boy I was able to differentiate how boys and girls affect me physically. Some of the symptoms with the girls I attributed to advanced maternal age. LOL!!

Turns out it was just the girls. If I had #8, I think I would know. But that's not intuition really.

I'm not really intuitive that way.

For myself, it was always whichever name choice felt really correct. We didn't learn the gender, but in each case, the name that really resonated with me, that had a strong sense of certainty, was the gender of the baby. Of course, I couldn't notice this until after I had them. Now I look back at the opposite-gender names that didn't turn into my kids and think, "What was I thinking? That's not a cute name!" :D

With my first daughter, I knew she was a girl before we found out she really was a girl. :Angel_anim: :001_wub:

But with my second pregnancy, there was a point when I told my husband, doctor, and parents, "I am having twins." I knew this with absolute certainty. No one believed I knew what I was talking about.

Because of my age, there were many ultrasounds. At one ultrasound, I saw two blips on the screen. I told the doctor, "I see two! I see two!" So he moved the probe to another area, and then looked at the screen. "Huh, I don't see two," he said. "Maybe it was your bladder?"

"Yeah, my bladder has a heartbeat." :tongue_smilie:

About a month later, we went in for another ultrasound, this time to the Maternal-Fetal Health part of the hospital. When the twins showed up on the screen, my husband asked the technician, "Do you have that screen on mirror-image?"

She said, "Doesn't your doctor know you're having twins?"

Ahem, people. I rest my case. :toetap05:

I attended a women's spiritual retreat while pregnant with my first, before finding out the gender. There were praise dancers, one of which was named Jessica. I had a 'revelation' of sorts that I would have a girl and name her Jessica, and she would dance. I got two out of three, although she does dance, she doesn't formally praise dance.

I didn't even know I was preggers with my middle child until I was 19 weeks, so I didn't even get a chance to predict his gender. And I had no idea about my youngest. That reminds me, he just turned 4 yesterday so I need to change my sig!