Menu

so the shaky wasn't the low carb thing..I'm pregnant!!

:001_smile: Wonderful news to start the New Year! And a very funny end to your 'shaky' story.

If it were me, I think I'd probably break the news here before I told DH too :tongue_smilie:.

Congratulations and best wishes

Cassy

So glad for you!

And fwiw, wrt my #2 son, I told the entire congregation at the same time I told my hubby...:D (It was during a Sunday School presentation during the service--I said my bit about what the class had been doing, then I commented on how happy I was to have such a wonderful Sunday School for my kid--and that they'd be getting another one in a few years...I turned to him and said, "Honey..." and the entire choir cracked up, getting the message before it dawned on dh!)

So.....the woman doing the ultrasound really couldn't find anything. MAYBE saw a sac, maybe maybe but very small and couldn't find it again. My uterus is REALLY tipped, which I knew, so that was making it harder for her. Which means either way I concieved this month, which rules out my midwife :(

I am going to trust that she will help me find the right person. And trust that there IS a baby in there, even though we couldn't find it. She said it might just be too early, even for the transvaginal. I'm only a few days late, so that makes sense. I took another test when I got home and definitely pregnant.

I'm nervous and sick to my stomach waiting for my DH to come home.

I think I'm going to say something about all the remodeling we are doing, then say that we have one more project under construction...and it is due to be completed on his birthday. you know, in 9 months....and then say here, this is the confirmation and hand him the test, if he doesn't figure it out before then.

at least now I know why I was so mean to him yesterday, lol.

:party:Congratulations!

It is more likely, though, that you were shaking because of the low carb diet. Is it typical for you to shake with pregnancy?

I've about passed out a few times in pregnancy. Pretty normal for me. I get hypoglycemic i think, plus my blood pressure gets really low. Going to add back in good carbs (sweet potatoe for example) and eat more fruits and veggies.

But yes, my first thought last night, when I started feeling dizzy/faint while sitting in my chair watching tv was that the only other time i've felt that way was pregnancy.

So.....the woman doing the ultrasound really couldn't find anything. MAYBE saw a sac, maybe maybe but very small and couldn't find it again. My uterus is REALLY tipped, which I knew, so that was making it harder for her. Which means either way I concieved this month, which rules out my midwife :(

I am going to trust that she will help me find the right person. And trust that there IS a baby in there, even though we couldn't find it. She said it might just be too early, even for the transvaginal. I'm only a few days late, so that makes sense. I took another test when I got home and definitely pregnant.

I'm nervous and sick to my stomach waiting for my DH to come home.

I think I'm going to say something about all the remodeling we are doing, then say that we have one more project under construction...and it is due to be completed on his birthday. you know, in 9 months....and then say here, this is the confirmation and hand him the test, if he doesn't figure it out before then.

at least now I know why I was so mean to him yesterday, lol.

Congrats!!!

Its pretty common for a pregnancy that is under 4-5 weeks not to be seen on ultrasound...I have had it happen to me :D