Menu

OK I take back every criticism I had of PW

That's great!

Back in November, I was coming out of a convenience store. The wind (which was vicious) caught the door and ripped it all the way back and completely off its hinges. I was then standing there holding the door to keep it from falling over, looking like a deer in the headlights.

Finally the manager came over, and I just kept saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" and he looked at me like I was nuts, then someone else in the store said, "It's happened before..." Worst of all he just stood there examining it before realizing I couldn't move because I was holding it up.

It was so embarassing! DH was filling up the car with gas and saw nothing (of course, considering how DHs can watch TV while children set the bedroom on fire). I got back to the car finally and DH says, "What took you so long in there?" :glare:

I wanted a metal chicken. I searched high and low around this town for a metal chicken. DH read the blog and wanted a metal chicken. He wanted to take it to our friend's houses and ring the door bell like The Blogess did.

If anyone knows where I could find a metal chicken around southeastern NC please PM me. DH and I still laugh at that post. I have it saved. Here's the link to Beyonce' if anyone hasn't read it. Language warning. http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

Edited by pdalley

I wanted a metal chicken. I searched high and low around this town for a metal chicken. DH read the blog and wanted a metal chicken. He wanted to take it to our friend's houses and ring the door bell like The Blogess did.

If anyone knows where I could find a metal chicken around southeastern NC please PM me. DH and I still laugh at that post. I have it saved.

I did a search for that and the Beyonce thing and I couldn't find either one.

If anyone knows where I could find a metal chicken around southeastern NC please PM me. DH and I still laugh at that post. I have it saved. Here's the link to Beyonce' if anyone hasn't read it. Language warning. http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

:lol::lol::lol:

That was awesome! However, nothing can top Beyonce.

This is true. My friend was on her way on a road trip down to Florida and ACTUALLY SAW a giant metal chicken. She texted me to tell me about it and lamented the fact that there was no way her husband was going to let her put it in the van with the luggage and the kids for the duration of the trip.

Okay, so THIS is funnier to me than PW, though that was pretty funny!

My dh seems oblivious sometime, glad it's not just me!

I totally laughed out loud at that statement.

The best part to me about the PW story is that I know it was a QuikTrip, and I totally have a mental image of the whole thing happening. And their apple fritters are totally worth the glass shards! ;)

That was awesome! However, nothing can top Beyonce.

Beyonce! Yes, I completely agree. My DH finds absolutely no humor in Beyonce so guess what he's getting for our 16th wedding anniversary, delivered to his work...*well, slightly smaller than 6' since shipping would probably be expensive*