Menu

Would you sell this?

We are trying to go through things and purge and sell things that are worth a little $$ if possible.

We have a large dog crate that we bought when our last dog needed to fly. We have never used it since. That was 8 years ago.

I keep thinking, "But we may need it" but it takes up a fair bit of space and we aren't using it.

Should I sell or continue to store?

Dawn

That is what I fear, but that is why I have so much JUNK!

Dawn

Was it hard to get? Was it expensive? Does it fold up? If you could get another easily, than I would consider selling it. As soon as you sell it though you know what will happen? There will be an unexpected opportunity to travel :) At least that seems to be what happens here.

It is hard to part with stuff especially if it was expensive. Dh father moved and the place is small. The table he has is really too big for the place. I have a table that folds down so it can be pretty small. It isn't top of the line. I told my dh, we could give it to your father. Than I think, oh- I might miss it. However, the kids never use it and all it has on it is junk....:)

I would not sell it. Those crates are expensive. Take it apart and store it in the garage rafters.

I've got one of those crates sitting on my porch. We are in the process of befriending a kitten that was dropped off here (we live in the country). I have an appointment to get her spayed so I'm going to need the crate to take this semi feral cat to the vet.

I also would not sell it. I have had medical emergencies with pets that needed to be confined after treatment or during illness, so the crate might be needed for things other than travel.

But I have spent the morning cleaning and listening to DH complain about my packrat habits, so I may not be the best one to give advice. :blushing:

You all are CONFUSING ME and playing out my own conversation I am having with myself in my head! :lol::lol::lol:

Ok, so, in further considering this, here is what I have come up with. I can keep it, put it in the attic for now. I have one large dog who could potentially use it. She is getting older and will not be around forever.

We have already decided to get small dogs when our larger dog dies, so this crate won't come in handy at all. So, we could sell it at that time.

What do you think?????

Hey, and anyone want to make an offer on our naugahyde seat covers???? :lol: (kidding!)

Dawn

Dog I bought it for died.

I have another large dog (60 pounds I guess) now.

I also have a 35 pound dog and this crate is far too large for her.

Dawn

If you only use the crate to fly the dog, and haven't flown the dog in the last eight years, I'd sell it.

do you still have a large dog? any plans on flying the large dog in the near future? if not, sell it. get the space.

Well, that would certainly be a good way to look at it.

I think it is this one, although I need to measure to be sure. The one I have is blue though.

http://www.petco.com/product/6227/Petmate-Traditional-Vari-Kennel-Giant-Portable-Kennel.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch

Sell it. If you need another, you can buy it used. This way, you're blessing someone else who may not be able to afford it new.

If I am only getting $10 I won't sell. I dont' find them here for anywhere near that price. This one was originally about $200.

Dawn

I have several since my mother always forgets she bought me one and buys another (for $5-10 at Goodwill).

I find they are easy to re-purchase.

I have several since my mother always forgets she bought me one and buys another (for $5-10 at Goodwill).

I find they are easy to re-purchase.

You pay that for a large crate? I'd be thrilled to buy one in usable shape for $50. I have seen the little cat/puppy carriers for that price occasionally.

We have an extra-large dog/goat crate that my hubby has had for many many years (as in, since he was a teenager with lots of goats!!). In the 14 years I've been with him, we've used it about... 4 times (most of those over 7 years ago). Until we hauled it out of storage (where it had come with us to our new house) to house the puppy I found last year while driving home from work - and it has been inside our house as said puppy's night-home ever since!! :)