Menu

I give up

Just grin and bear it. I'm still surprised I wasn't arrested for running an unlicensed nudist colony when all mine were little. It was the first thing that happened when they went out in the summer.

Once I watched a little parade of babies in the yard, big sis with bathing suit on, little sis with bathing suit on, one boy with bathing suit on, one totally nekkid boy marching along, and bringing up the rear our little Aussie, with nekkid boy's suit in her mouth, trying to restore some order.

You're right, it isn't. We were looking at old home movies around the time my oldest was 3 and we had just brought home a new baby. It covered the span of about a year. In all of the different segments, I think my 3yo had clothes on once. He had underwear on, but still. I know I bought clothes for that child. I just know I did!

My now 12yod did the exact.same.thing. at 2-3 yo. It was exhausting. I distinctly remember putting her clothes back on her 3x one day and after the third and final attempt - I gave up. I even remember thinking, "I give up." Unless we left the house to go somewhere, I let her run around in her b-day suit. We lived in Southern California at the time so catching a chill wasn't really an issue.

One day she streaked out of our house next door to the neighbor's house (I was washing dishes in the kitchen sink and didn't hear her open the door. They had a 5yo and 8yo and a rather large playroom which dd knew how to find. Anyway....I had a sheer panic attack when I saw the door open and no toddler. My dear neighbor had heard dd come in to her house and the sound of her little feet running down the hall to the playroom. She let me know immediately that dd was there (naked) and in the playroom.

A few days later, neighbor's 5yos tells his dad, "Dad, when I'm a grown up there will only be one rule. No naked babies!"

A streaking toddler brings back all sorts of memories! :lol:

One of my sisters lives with us. She cannot get used to my kids running around half naked and they are 7 and 8. They would be completely naked if we didn't require something covering the private areas! Mostly it bothers her because she thinks they will be too cold, but they know how to put clothes on, so I don't worry about it.

A 3 yr. old is a whirlwind. I'd let him be naked when he can, and just insist on clothes in public.

Just grin and bear it. I'm still surprised I wasn't arrested for running an unlicensed nudist colony when all mine were little. It was the first thing that happened when they went out in the summer.

:iagree:

Man, you should have seen my house when they were three, three, and two. They'd run nekkid all over. A friend of my son pulled up and deadpanned, "Dude, you're running a nudist colony."

They just hit those ages and au natural is the way to go. :D

My daughter likes to sleep almost nakky. If she does, she wakes up because she's cold and then proceeds to wake up 3 more of us with her banging on the door usually at some . I put her jamies on backward (you cut the feet out) so at least she can have clothes on at night.

Beth

Except for a mandatory Naked Dance after baths, my kids didn't really go through this phase. A friend's daughter did it in the winter. If she got cold, she'd just wrap her blankie around her shoulders. She's 14 and I still like to remind her that she would answer the door like this. Her sister liked to wear sheer ballet skirts and go commando. That's just not better. They were 2-3 at the time

The 6.5 year old I babysit still takes off her clothes the moment she walks in the door. She normally wears underwear now, but not always. She also still plays in just her panties in their yard (which is fairly secluded), although the panties may only be bc I insist. Heck, when visiting my house (with my husband in it), she took off her clothes to play dress up and just didn't manage to get any clothes back on........