Menu

You Know, A Thank You...

A simple 'thank you' without any complaints or criticism is always nice. :glare:

Yes, MIL strikes again.

I sent out pics of baby via email.

Never fails to amaze me how MIL always finds *something* to complain about. Always. Either the kids aren't smiling (I like candid shots of the kids, not always posed and mugging for the camera), or why didn't I take a pic of this, or that...Or more of this...

Or the pics are too big for her computer screen, resize them.

The fact that I don't know how to resize them isn't greeted with happiness.

*sigh*

I will be polite and you can pretend it is your MIL:

I saw your baby pictures the other day posted here. Thanks for sharing - they are gorgeous!

Sorry your MIL is being difficult. I can think of all sorts of nice and not so nice ways to address this, but in the end you are postpartum and should not have to deal with this kind of stuff. Get Dh to send any pictures until you feel like dealing with her again.

why didn't I get those same pics emailed to me?:toetap05:

I posted the same ones here :tongue_smilie:

I did quit sending her pics for quite some time, leaving it totally up to Wolf to do (aka she got nothing for months). When she complained to him ('Imp isn't sending me pics!') he told her why...which shut her up for a while. Apparently, that was too long ago. :glare:

Never fails to amaze me how MIL always finds *something* to complain about. Always.

How ... amazing?

:001_huh:

I'm sorry you didn't get the reaction you were hoping for (and deserving of) when you sent the pictures, but it sounds like the reaction you DID get wasn't surprising or unexpected. It's who she is. "Always."

So keep sending pictures because it's the right thing to do, quit wasting energy being amazed by her predictability, and do the only thing you can do on your end: shrug your shoulders, roll your eyes, and pray the whiny gene hasn't been passed down to her grandkids! :D

ETA: I get it. My in-laws openly hate me. I set up a photo website that I upload regularly. I email family to let them know new pictures are up. There are many free ones; perhaps you can do the same. If you don't want to email her, you can leave the responsibility on her to check the website for updates. Then you're still making the photos accessible, but it's on her to retrieve them according to her particulars.

Edited by eternalknot

How ... amazing?

I'm sorry you didn't get the reaction you were hoping for (and deserving of) when you sent the pictures, but it sounds like the reaction you DID get wasn't surprising or unexpected. It's who she is. "Always."

So keep sending pictures because it's the right thing to do, quit wasting energy being amazed by her predictability, and do the only thing you can do on your end: shrug your shoulders, roll your eyes, and pray the whiny gene hasn't been passed down to her grandkids! :D

ETA: I get it. My in-laws openly hate me. I set up a photo website that I upload regularly. I email family to let them know new pictures are up. There are many free ones; perhaps you can do the same. If you don't want to email her, you can leave the responsibility on her to check the website for updates. Then you're still making the photos accessible, but it's on her to retrieve them according to her particulars.

The site idea, while lovely, wouldn't work for her. She's in her 80s, and incredibly petty and jealous. She has thrown fits before b/c other family members got the same pics at the same time...she should get everything FIRST, and alone...and then SHE should be the one to pick and choose what, if any, pics her extended family gets. *eyeroll* (She was told, "Too bad!")

A site that she'd have to figure out, where everyone has access to everything would have her head explode. Which, while a tempting thought, would just provoke more nonsense than I have stamina to deal with.

How ... amazing?

:iagree: I know you said you can't do the site thingy, but I agree with the concept that you might as well not be amazed that you can't do anything to please the woman. I had to learn this with a family member or two. I know they will get pissy no matter how I handle certain issues, so I don't care to pad it up for them anymore.

Recently, I was replying to a message where the family member asked if I *wanted* to do such-and-such. I know she really means, "I expect you to do such and such and no will piss me off." But she asked if I *wanted* to, so after hemming and hawing and trying to find the especially nice wording, I just said to myself, "PTHTHTH! I don't want to. That's her answer." So that's what I e-mailed. "I don't want to. Go ahead and do (the other option)." Naturally, I heard through the grapevine that she was pissed that I didn't do the thing. *OH WELL!* :)

I'm so glad I'm 40 and don't care about sparing everyone's emotions anymore.

I guess the amazement comes from the consistency of it. She quit for a while, and then it starts up again.

She bugs that we didn't have pics while baby and I were still in the hospital, called repeatedly about it, but when she finally gets what she wants, its not good enough.

I'm probably just oversensitive right now. Tired, hormonal, and sore.

Aren't you polite not to have responded with "Have a whinge."

I'm not sure I wouldn't have!

Rosie

Then she'd be all bunched up from Imp throwing a wobbly. :lol:

I think you should send whatever you care to, and route her emails directly to your trash folder. Then she can whinge as she likes and you can live in your happy house, blissfully unaware.

(but, then, I'm just vicious like that)

I'm probably just oversensitive right now. Tired, hormonal, and sore.

I doubt it. I think you are perfectly appropriately sensitive, tired, hormonal, and sore! :D

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Dream about telling MIL to stuff it up her nose and take a nap.

:grouphug:You're a sweetie. Remember, you're allowed to be oversensitive, tired, sore and hormonal.

She is not allowed to be that way. :glare:

Man. I love aging in one respect; it gives me the "maturity" or guts to express myself when someone ticks me off.

Just like what Quill said, so glad to be over 40 and not care about sparing anyone else's emotions anymore.

I always try to remember to keep myself away from people that are toxic to me. Skull and crossbones. Poison.