Menu

New kitten (yes, pics are included)

Our neighbor had some kittens that needed homes. When I saw this one, I knew it would be hard to not bring it home. We're hoping that our 3-year-old cat comes around...She doesn't have a name yet. We're going to live with her a bit and decide what fits.

Here are a couple of short video clips. I wish I'd been recording the first time she stepped into the litter box...it was even funnier.

post-12282-13535085554723_thumb.jpg

post-12282-1353508555497_thumb.jpg

post-12282-13535085555208_thumb.jpg

Edited by BugsMom
Added links to videos.

Our neighbor had some kittens that needed homes. When I saw this one, I knew it would be hard to not bring it home. We're hoping that our 3-year-old cat comes around...She doesn't have a name yet. We're going to live with her a bit and decide what fits.

Here are a couple of short video clips. I wish I'd been recording the first time she stepped into the litter box...it was even funnier.

Awww, she is so cute! Her markings are similar to one of our kittens. You can see pictures of her and her brother at 8 weeks and at 8 months in this thread: Coco & Carl

They are wonderful kitties. Have fun with her. You other cat will come around. Ours did and she even began to mother them. She did get ticked off when they tried to nurse on her, though. :tongue_smilie: Now they all bathe each other (they even try to bathe the dog) and are the best of friends.

She's gorgeous! Reminds me of my old cat, Comet (had those same markings, just shorter fur). Does she have a little Siamese/Burmese in her?

My cat would be SO ticked off if I brought a kitten home. I tried simply fostering one for a few days, but it did not go well. :(

It takes time. To help them adjust faster, bathe both of them. Then they'll smell alike and won't be hissing at each other. And they'll be able to commiserate about their bathing experience. :)

BugsMom, that is one cute kitty!!! :001_wub:

She does look a lot like the one with the darker markings. So cute.

The darker one started out very light, like yours. Her coat has gotten much darker as she has gotten older. I hope yours has a great, loving personality like mine. Have fun with her!

PS - Does she have a name yet?