Menu

Anyone else have a "mommy" uniform?

I recently found a hole in my shoes and I went online to find the same shoes and they don't exist anymore. I think I was literally disoriented and confused not knowing what to do. I have wore the same style of shoes for atleast 10 years.

Then I started to think about how I actually wear the same thing every day (other than church days). Blue jeans, solid colored v-neck knit tee (lands end. . .short or long-sleeved depending on the season) and then the same slip on shoes.

The only variance is in the color of the tee and where the stains are.

I don't think I can change it up. I don't know how to select a different pair of shoes. It seems too wild and crazy to change!

Anyone else have a uniform? (this is a nice way of saying . . ."anyone else in a rut?")

Pretty much, but it's the same "uniform" I've been wearing since I was a teenager. Jeans, a t-shirt, and a cardigan if it's cold.

I also have a work uniform: I wear a pair of wide-legged trousers and a button-down shirt. I have two pairs of wide-legged trousers and four button-down shirts, and since I teach two days a week, that gets me through the whole semester.

I recently found a hole in my shoes and I went online to find the same shoes and they don't exist anymore. I think I was literally disoriented and confused not knowing what to do. I have wore the same style of shoes for atleast 10 years.

Then I started to think about how I actually wear the same thing every day (other than church days). Blue jeans, solid colored v-neck knit tee (lands end. . .short or long-sleeved depending on the season) and then the same slip on shoes.

The only variance is in the color of the tee and where the stains are.

I don't think I can change it up. I don't know how to select a different pair of shoes. It seems too wild and crazy to change!

Anyone else have a uniform? (this is a nice way of saying . . ."anyone else in a rut?")

This is me. Same thing all the time.

If we are staying at home I wear Yoga pants or leggings with a vest top with a long sleeve T shirt over it. I usually top it off with a huge oversized cardigan that kind of acts like like a dressing gown but smarter, and slippers though it never leaves the house. If we are out and about I wear Boyfriend cut Jeans or Cords and the same Vest tops and T shirts and walking boots. I have about 6 Identical T shirts in a few colours and about 12 identical vest tops in different colours. I do have some smarter summer tops that I wear when its really hot but only wore them for 2 or 3 weeks this year.

I also tend to wear 1-2 jumpers at a time even in august, one thin one thick. I am always cold, sometimes the hotter the day the colder I am. I dress for comfort and warmth nothing else.

Edited by lailasmum

I have to wear comfortable clothes-- I am very, very neurotic about how clothes feel. I have to buy clothes 1-2 sizes to big or I feel "choked." This translates into a lot of sweatshirt-material items though I avoid sweats.... but yoga pants, soft t-shirt type shirts, very very loose clothes. I wear maternity and plus sizes even though by size charts I'm a size 6 or 8 when not pregnant. I'd be a good candidate for "What Not to Wear." :)

Not really. Today I'm wearing shorts, a tank top with a t-shirt over it (but it is a t-shirt with some detailing at least, lol) and flip-flops (the kids have tennis, I need something cool to sit out in the sun). Yesterday, I wore a skirt, a black top (not a t-shirt), a short-sleeved cardigan over it and sandals (I had a meeting). The day before that I wore capris, a tank top with a button-down shirt over it and flip-flops (I do wear a lot of flip-flops or sandals in the summer). I almost always have on a cute necklace or earrings.

eta: I do wear a lot of yoga pants around the house. :P

Only thing is I wear black socks (tile flooring can be chilly). The only variation is sometimes socks have anti-slip puff paint on the sole, sometimes not (shrugs).

:lol: You are living on the wild side with the puff paint or no puff paint!

If they discontinued making my shoes, which I've been wearing since I was three, I'd be completely lost. I'd hunt them down on ebay, or fly to Sweden to find any remaining merchandise and buy enough to last a lifetime. :D

I'm glad you understand my terror at having to change style.

Not me. I'm in anything from yoga pants to skirt and shirt on any given day. Just depends on my mood and my plans.

Me too.

Wednesday: Puma sweatsuit, solid pants, striped hoodie

Thursday: Funky little dress and a cardigan

Today: Jeans and peasant top with sandals

I gained weight so it's severely limiting my selection. Otherwise, I'd wear more variety.

That said, when I'm thinner, I gravitate towards skinny jeans and a tunic style top with a long necklace.