Menu

Little Ceasars Shocker

No, huh, uh, not acceptable. With all the allergies and medical diets people have to follow, you CANNOT make a food substitution without permission. Even one pork product for another, because they are prepared differently, by different cooking methods using different spices.

And the other poster who mentioned being asked "to pick it off." No. It leaves residue. If you are allergic, it is enough to cause problems.

The only acceptable, professional thing to do is to contact the customer and ask if you can make a substitution, and if you've made a mistake, you need to ask if your proposed solution is acceptable.

DH thinks I'm funny, because I am an introvert who hates confrontation in real-life (my online alter ego can be quite different), but the one thing that gets me up there talking to the manager every time is a mistake in our order. (I'm polite, but insistent.)

I agree with you!! We should get what we pay for!!

They (LC) obviously should have handled the situation differently but I don't find it shocking that it was handled this way.

That said, I'm with Bill! ;)

I just want it clarified I am not a LC junkie lol. I live 26 miles from town we have LC Pizza Hut (which my kids hate) and Pizza Boy. Pizza Boy is amazing but expensive. LC is the next place that uses actual bacon and not canadian ham. So choices are kinda limited. I miss Papa Johns so much and Pizza King. One of the few things I miss from IN. This town is so tiny. We have Walmart, one Winn-Dixie and one Publix. That is it!

Years ago, we ordered cinnamon sticks from Dominoes. When we got them, they tasted terrible. Why? Because they had run out of regular butter and were using the garlic butter instead!

When I called to complain, I got the run around. The "manager" told me that they had many calls that night from customers who were so very happy with the way it tasted..

hahahahaha. Yeah, right. I'll be they had dozens of people going to the trouble to call them to compliment them on that one.

The fact that you were RIGHT THERE and she couldn't be bothered to walk out the door and mention it is pretty ridiculous. You order what you order, and YOU should have the choice if you want a substitute. And the comments about a minimum wage place and not expecting much...that is bs. I have worked for minimum wage and 3 times minimum wage, but I put in the same effort no matter what my pay.

:iagree:1,000 times!!

And the comments about a minimum wage place and not expecting much...that is bs. I have worked for minimum wage and 3 times minimum wage, but I put in the same effort no matter what my pay.

:iagree: That shouldn't have anything to do with customer service. The manager isn't making minimum wage anyway.

I just want it clarified I am not a LC junkie lol. I live 26 miles from town we have LC Pizza Hut (which my kids hate) and Pizza Boy. Pizza Boy is amazing but expensive. LC is the next place that uses actual bacon and not canadian ham. So choices are kinda limited. I miss Papa Johns so much and Pizza King. One of the few things I miss from IN. This town is so tiny. We have Walmart, one Winn-Dixie and one Publix. That is it!

Mmmm....Papa Johns :drool5:

???

Mrs. Mungo,

You quoted me, but I don't understand.

(I probably shouldn't be reading this when I'm tired.)

Can you shed some light for me?

I think you're over reacting a bit. Yes, you didn't get what you ordered, and yes they should have handled it better, but... the person was trying to do something in the face of a shortage that she thought would be acceptable. She didn't put ham on your pizza to spite you. She ran out of the sausage. They are both pig meat. It isn't the most unreasonable substitute.

What she should have done was call you back as soon as she knew she was out of sausage and ask if there was a substitute that would be acceptable to you, or if you wanted to order a different pizza or cancel the order.

Still... it's just ham instead of sausage. I don't think it's such a shocker.

Are you a vegetarian? :tongue_smilie:

You should expect to get exactly what you pay for. Period. Now, if they were giving them away, that would be different.

A few of the pizza places near us, including Pizza Hut, have started opening each of the boxes and confirming that they are what you ordered when you go to pick them up.

I would ask for a replacement, as pp mentioned it is not acceptable just to sub without asking first. Of course no reason to have a hissy fit (not that I thought that is what the op was doing)but I think that is a reasonable expectation.

No I didn't fit LOL. She is lucky I am not pregnant though cause I sure would have then!! :lol: It was just shocking to me the way she was saying how it is so good I would love it. When I told her I didn't she just kept asking are you sure? Yes I am sure I hate ham. I think I know me after living with me for 34 years!!

I would have been ticked off, too. Mainly because I DO NOT LIKE HAM! Never did, in any form. Never will. Not deli ham, not baked ham, I just don't.like.ham.

I DO however enjoy sausage, bacon, pork chops, etc.

Just not the taste of ham.

So I'd have been pretty upset to find that ham was put on anything I ordered when it was supposed to come with something else.

They should have either told you when you ordered or called you back to let you know that they had run out of something and asked if you wanted a different kind of meat, or for them to double up on one of the other meats, or a different pizza altogether or what.

I am floored by how many people here blame the OP. It's not HER responsibility to make sure they put the correct 3 ingredients on the pizza.

I didn't intend to assign blame, and I agree that it's not her responsibility if it's not the sort of place where you watch them put your chosen ingredients on the pizza (I've only seen television commercials for these sorts of places. I've never been to one).

What I don't understand is how anyone can be 'shocked' that minimum wage workers would get an order wrong and try to justify it. Irritating? Yes. Shocking? Not at all.

:iagree:

To me, THAT is the "shocker." :tongue_smilie:

astrid

You know, the op has stated several times that she lives 26 miles out of a small town. It seem rather snobbish to keep teasing her about the distance that she drives to get take out food, which is a function of where she lives.

Edited by kijipt

What I don't understand is how anyone can be 'shocked' that minimum wage workers would get an order wrong and try to justify it. Irritating? Yes. Shocking? Not at all.

Oooh. Careful. You don't want to step too close to this one. (I've made this mistake on these very boards...)

You know, the op has stated several times that she lives 26 miles out of a small town. It seem rather snobbish to keep teasing her about the distance that she drives to get take out food, which is a function of where she lives.

I don't think it's snobbish. I think people are just saying that *they* don't like Little Caesar's pizza (and can't imagine someone else would enjoy it so much that they'd drive that far?). But so what? I'm sure there are things ALL of us would do/drive for that would shock a lot of us.

Oh...silly me. I thought Bill was joking, and I was adding to it.

But really? "Shocker?" I guess I just find the OP's choice of words a bit humorous. Sensationalist, even. "Little Caesar's Shocker" to me sounds like the headline of a tabloid story that goes on to claim that the sausage is made of ground up stray cats or something.

And me? Snobbish? I'm sorry-- that makes me :lol:. Relax. I seriously don't care where she buys her pizza, and I"m truly very sorry that she got ham instead of sausage.

Wow...I've posted about being pro-choice, anti-spanking, liberal Democrat, completely vaccinating, and being the parent of an only child by choice and taken considerable heat about all of those, yet I am called "snobbish" over PIZZA???

That makes me :lol:.

astrid

Edited by astrid

I was also confused at how "shocked" the OP was. I would have been "shocked" if they substituted meat on a veggie pizza. This was a just a case of bad customer service.

I honestly read this whole thread entitled "Little Caesars Shocker" wondering when I was going to get to the shocking part, like: "Sausage made from dog meat!"

I guess I just find the OP's choice of words a bit humorous. Sensationalist, even. "Little Caesar's Shocker" to me sounds like the headline of a tabloid story that goes on to claim that the sausage is made of ground up stray cats or something.

I agree with you. I think the OP *was* trying to be funny to lighten the situation (she *did* feel upset and mistreated about the way the mistake was handled).

Wow...I've posted about being pro-choice, anti-spanking, liberal Democrat, completely vaccinating, and being the parent of an only child by choice and taken considerable heat about all of those, yet I am called "snobbish" over PIZZA???

That makes me :lol:.

astrid

We can be pro-choice, anti-spanking, (I'm not allowed to mention the next item :tongue_smilie:), completely vaccinating, single-child by choice, pizza-snobs together :D

As to the OP, it is all good natured fun.

Pizza, pizza.

Bill

If I had more in this town to choose from I would trust me!! I love Pizza Boy but wow it is like almost $40 to get all we want! I was shocked that a mangager would tell me to like something. I really was because I did food service for years when I was in college and the kids were small and never would I have dreamed someone would do this. The way she spoke all matter of fact about what I would like.

Who does that? Oh and Bill if you would like to move here open up something else that I can afford to feed 4 kids on hey come on down! :lol: Single mom here very limited budget we only eat out once every month, which makes it even worse I think. I get my junk once a month to find it made wrong and can't waste the gas just to go back and exchange it!!

I agree with you. I think the OP *was* trying to be funny to lighten the situation (she *did* feel upset and mistreated about the way the mistake was handled).

Yes I did feel upset. I know it is a silly thing to be upset over, I do know that. It was like for a moment just a single second everything just was not acceptable anymore. The gas prices, the milk has went up and due to crummy finances none of our summer plans happened. I just wanted my pizza ya know? I hate ham too I don't care if it comes from a pig it is gross. I just wanted to get my pizza get the kids home who hate the heat and sit in my schoolroom watching Resident Evil and eat my pizza!!

If I had more in this town to choose from I would trust me!! I love Pizza Boy but wow it is like almost $40 to get all we want! I was shocked that a mangager would tell me to like something. I really was because I did food service for years when I was in college and the kids were small and never would I have dreamed someone would do this. The way she spoke all matter of fact about what I would like.

Who does that? Oh and Bill if you would like to move here open up something else that I can afford to feed 4 kids on hey come on down! :lol: Single mom here very limited budget we only eat out once every month, which makes it even worse I think. I get my junk once a month to find it made wrong and can't waste the gas just to go back and exchange it!!

If I did own a pizza joint I'd compensate you with some free pizzas laden with the swine-meat of your choice :D

Not Ham. No one likes Ham.

Bill

:crying:

If I did own a pizza joint I'd compensate you with some free pizzas laden with the swine-meat of your choice :D

Not Ham. No one likes Ham.

Bill

Oh that really hurts me - I LOVE ham - ham and bacon are the 2 things I miss since going semi-veg a few months ago. I bought a grass-fed cow lovingly slaughtered by its own rancher, so I feel good about the humane conditions that animal was raised in. But I have yet to find a source for humanely-raised pig... :( So I try hard not to think about ham. And it hurts when you say no one likes it. :crying:

Edited by OC Mom

Oh that really hurts me - I LOVE ham - ham and bacon are the 2 things I miss since going semi-veg a few months ago. I bought a grass-fed cow lovingly slaughtered by its own rancher, so I feel good about the humane conditions that animal was raised in. But I have yet to find a source for humanely-raised pig... :( So I try hard not to think about ham. And it hurts when you say no one likes it.

People like ham. Do not misunderstand me. No one likes Ham ;) :D

Kilt time :tongue_smilie:

Bill

I bought a grass-fed cow lovingly slaughtered by its own rancher, so I feel good about the humane conditions that animal was raised in.

I get humanely raised... but lovingly slaughtered? Ummm... hmmm... (We have raised animals for meat. Humanely raised and humanely slaughtered: yes. Lovingly slaughtered? :lol: It might just be us, though. We're not especially fond of the slaughtering process over here. We do it, but not real fond of it.)

I get humanely raised... but lovingly slaughtered? Ummm... hmmm... (We have raised animals for meat. Humanely raised and humanely slaughtered: yes. Lovingly slaughtered? :lol: It might just be us, though. We're not especially fond of the slaughtering process over here. We do it, but not real fond of it.)

OK, maybe not lovingly - I wasn't there, so I don't know. :tongue_smilie: