Menu

Where Should He Take Me?

Hmmm...

Wolf went golfing. In the rain. Not a little sprinkle, talking deluge, soaked to the skin in minutes kind of rain. I commented repeatedly on his lost sense. :lol:

To top it off, he's now late coming home.

So, I think its only fair that he should have to take me out tonight. Like to dinner.

Question is, where? Needs to be gluten free.

Hmmmm.

Hmmm...

Wolf went golfing. In the rain. Not a little sprinkle, talking deluge, soaked to the skin in minutes kind of rain. I commented repeatedly on his lost sense. :lol:

To top it off, he's now late coming home.

So, I think its only fair that he should have to take me out tonight. Like to dinner.

Question is, where? Needs to be gluten free.

Hmmmm.

He spent the day in pouring rain, so you deserve dinner out?

Your logic is unusual to me, but I think I like it. ;)

He spent the day in pouring rain, so you deserve dinner out?

Your logic is unusual to me, but I think I like it. ;)

Golfing--not fixing the dam to save the town from being flooded. ;)

Chinese? Indian?

Wish we weren't so rural sometimes. Here's it's pretty much pizza, burgers, chicken or Big Boy (We do have a steakhouse though.).

Where do you live? I have an iPhone App for that! lol :tongue_smilie: (me licking my chops.)

I boiled two big lobsters tonight to chill for tomorrow. Does that appeal?

(PS You should *go out*! But as an aside, I paid $20 for them...so I take heart that we couldn't have lobster out for $20. However, sometimes all one wants is a meal someone else cooked! That is often worth it's weight in gold!)

Let us know what you decided! I so enjoy hearing about good meals others have enjoyed!

Edited by LibraryLover

Where do you live? I have an iPhone App for that! lol :tongue_smilie: (me licking my chops.)

I boiled two big lobsters tonight to chill for tomorrow. Does that appeal?

(PS You should *go out*! But as an aside, I paid $20 for them...so I take heart that we couldn't have lobster out for $20. However, sometimes all one wants is a meal someone else cooked! That is often worth it's weight in gold!)

Let us know what you decided! I so enjoy hearing about good meals others have enjoyed!

Wow. Great price for 2 lobsters. Yum. I. love. lobster. Love. :drool5:

No not tonight.

His buddy drove, and Wolf won, so beer was had :glare: Wolf and I are really anti-drunk driving, so anything more than 1 and he's home.

I thought of BP, but...meh.

I'd LOVE to go for lobster or crab, but its pretty impossible to eat 1 handed. :(

Wow. Great price for 2 lobsters. Yum. I. love. lobster. Love. :drool5:

: ) I live near the ocean. But these would cost far more even in a local restaurant. Lobster is so easy to cook (and I don't even know that the OP would eat lobster, so ignore me!) All I need is a big towel and a good twist of the wrist. Impish would need Wolf (or a friend etc) to help with this, as you do need two hands. But it is very easy & quick to do.

let me see if I can find something on YouTube.

Edited by LibraryLover

No not tonight.

His buddy drove, and Wolf won, so beer was had :glare: Wolf and I are really anti-drunk driving, so anything more than 1 and he's home.

I thought of BP, but...meh.

I'd LOVE to go for lobster or crab, but its pretty impossible to eat 1 handed. :(

Yeah taht would be tough. I am sure Wolf could pull it out of the shell for you. Or opt for a crab salad or something like that. Not the same I know. I never thought of how difficult that would be with only 1 hand. Definitely another one of those things I take fro granted.

Yes. Local fishmonger. :) I also live on the ocean. But these would cost far more even in a local restaurant. Lobster is so easy to cook (and I don't even know that the OP would eat lobster, so ignore me!) When we go out to dinner, I rarely order what is easy to cook. Lobster is one of those things for me. All I need is a big towel and a good twist of the wrist. Impish would need Wolf (or a friend etc) to help with this, as you do need two hands. But it is very easy & quick to do. I can do one lobster in a about 5 minutes.

let me see if I can find something on YouTube.

Love lobster, crab...seafood in general.

Best I ever had was in NFLD, from the bay to the pot to the table in less than 20 mins. :drool5:

Here's the best I could find, but even they make it seem complicated. I've never bothered to cut the tail meat out. ;) I agree with simply using the towel and pressing. It's very easy.

Do everything on a large towel. That little bar cloth made me laugh.

And I agree with not boiling, which is what I did tonight. (Although the water was hysterically boiling before I added them, so it was quick. I am also not sure about lobster nerve cells, as other animals do like to eat them.)

Boiling compromises the taste. It's really best, just all around, to kill them quickly with a knife.

Edited by LibraryLover

Yeah taht would be tough. I am sure Wolf could pull it out of the shell for you. Or opt for a crab salad or something like that. Not the same I know. I never thought of how difficult that would be with only 1 hand. Definitely another one of those things I take fro granted.

Yeah, its a whole new situation.

Even eating steak, I have the choice...flinch, grimace, curse while holding the fork to cut it, put up w/rising pain after, or have it cut for me, which is humiliating and makes me feel like a kid. :glare:

Here's the best I could find, but even they make it seem complicated. I'vhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sCx1aitEmE&feature=fvsre never had to cut the tail. I agree with using the towel and pressing. It's very easy.

And I agree with not boiling, which is what I did tonight. Boiling compromises the taste. It's really better and more humane to kill them quickly with a knife.

Interesting...I've only heard of boiling.

Interesting...I've only heard of boiling.

Boiling quickly is standard and fine. Boiling too long over -cooks, making it taste less awesome.

Total purists jab in the knife and slice. They say it's more humane.

I am not a total purist, although I don't like to cause pain.

it's a long video, but he shows how to do it in the first few seconds.

This is also interesting:

Edited by LibraryLover

Even eating steak, I have the choice...flinch, grimace, curse while holding the fork to cut it, put up w/rising pain after, or have it cut for me, which is humiliating and makes me feel like a kid. :glare:

Shoot, don't worry about that. My dh cuts my steak for me every time, b/c he considers it safer for everyone involved if I don't handle sharp knives. Which it is, so I just sit back and enjoy!

Tit for tat, no.

Teasing him and getting a date night out of it, yes.

There is an undercurrent of frustration on my part. I am tired and frustrated with him not respecting my time. He'll say he'll be home at 5, and waltz through the door at 6, sometimes 7 or later. That ticks me off, esp since I told him I had finally worked up the courage to get my hair cut...and he walked in the door after the time of the appt.

I've learned that if I don't speak up, say very clearly what I want, it just doesn't happen. Waiting for him to realize that I need something...well, I'd be dead before it occurs to him that we need some time out together.

Tit for tat, no.

Teasing him and getting a date night out of it, yes.

There is an undercurrent of frustration on my part. I am tired and frustrated with him not respecting my time. He'll say he'll be home at 5, and waltz through the door at 6, sometimes 7 or later. That ticks me off, esp since I told him I had finally worked up the courage to get my hair cut...and he walked in the door after the time of the appt.

I've learned that if I don't speak up, say very clearly what I want, it just doesn't happen. Waiting for him to realize that I need something...well, I'd be dead before it occurs to him that we need some time out together.

Well, that truly $uck$.

I am sorry.

Well, that truly $uck$.

I am sorry.

Meh, its not that bad, really. He's a good man, but can be thoughtless and take me for granted by times. I don't think that's all that unusual in a long term relationship, but doesn't mean that I'm ok with it. :001_smile:

So, I stand up, say very clearly its not ok, and he adjusts. Same as I do when he stands up.

Tit for tat, no. ...Teasing him and getting a date night out of it, yes. ...I've learned that if I don't speak up, say very clearly what I want, it just doesn't happen. Waiting for him to realize that I need something...well, I'd be dead before it occurs to him that we need some time out together.

I too found it much easier to be content and get positive results once I decided decades ago to communicate very literally with my partner about what my expectations were.