Menu

Who here is young enough to be my daughter???

Who here is young enough to be my daughter???... How many of you young whippersnappers were in diapers when I was graduating high school?

Lol... I guess that's me... I've had "mommy-friends" with children my kids' ages who were as much older than me as I was older than the kids. ;)

But, you know, even though I had my kids early, I feel like I'm catching up age-wise! I turned 30 a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like we're done having babies, so by the time I'm in my early forties, my kids'll be off at college. Somehow, I worry that that may age me more than having babies into my 40s would have! ;)

Ooh, but at Disney this past week, ds and I ditched all the relatives for a couple of hours and went on rides together. Someone asked me if ds was my little brother! roflol... Maybe I should wear shorts and a t-shirt and have wildly disheveled hair more often!!!

Aubrey's thread shocked me just a tad when I read how old her mom is. I'm fifty too. How many of you young whippersnappers were in diapers when I was graduating high school?

I did get a late start. Married at 20 but no babies until I was 30.

:lol: I am 40ish. My children are 2.5 to 15. sometimes when dh and I go out we wonder if anyone things our dd is our granddaughter. I do have friends I frew up with that are my age that are grandparents now. I just cannot imagine.

Someone asked me if ds was my little brother! roflol... Maybe I should wear shorts and a t-shirt and have wildly disheveled hair more often!!!

I had to take our 16 yos to have an imaging of his kidneys at a hospital. I had picked him up from school (he goes to a military school, so he was in uniform) The woman doing the pre-registration stuff was getting rather huffy. She had asked me for our insurance and a photo id. Well, I had given her our card and my driver's license. She looked at ds and asked him for his. He said he didn't have one. She insisted on having his military ID. I told her he didn't have one.......he had just turned 16.

She went 10 shades of read and burst out laughing. She had thought he was my husband and that we had just been transferred here to the local base. My ds's very kind response was "There is no way I would marry someone who looked like her!" :tongue_smilie: He was mortified.

It's the 2nd time I have had something like that happen. I took my oldest to a pizza place one time for some 1-on-1 and the waitress thought I was his date. :D

Great for my ego. Horribly traumatic for theirs!!!!!!

I found out a friend's mother was 36. 36!!! My mom didn't even have me until she was 32. I couldn't fathom having a mother that young.

I married at 23 and had my first child at 29. I am now 41. My older sisters are 50 and 52. I am NOT young enough to be your daughter. :)

She didn't know what to do with herself when my brother looked at her blankly and said, "This is my dad." The poor sweet lady! I felt so bad for her. embarrassed-1.gif

Nancy, you get today's award for making me spew my Morning's Life Blood across the monitor!! :lol::bigear::lol::bigear:

I didn't read the whole thread, but my mother will be 46 in July. She did start early, though! ;) I'm 28, so.. when you were graduating high school, my mother was just STARTING high school, and I wasn't even yet a thought.

Feel better? :D

Maybe it will help to know that I also have an 11yo brother. My oldest son is 9.

That is scary because it means that your mother is only 3.5 years older than I am, but you have a kid the same age as mine. Too weird.

Of course, I do remember a couple of people I went to high school with who started having babies right away and so I guess technically some of you could be some of them. Oh boy.:001_huh:

Having a baby at 40 isn't so bad but nobody told me I would have a 10 year old at 50! LOL The good news is that having children (12 and 14) running around makes people think we are younger than we are. :)

Makes me feel younger, too. However my ds's riding instructor thought my dh was actually our son's grandfather for years. But he is 9 years older than me. :P

Um, not necessarily. It is pretty bad when people ask you how old your grandchildren are. . . and you have to tell them that they are your children not grandchildren! :ohmy:

You just need to move to a different area :) In this area, the young whipersnappers on this board would be assumed to be the au pair or the baby sitter. :P

Kathy

mom to ds 14 and hoping NOT to be a grandmother before I'm 67 or 68

I'm feeling old today.......

maybe it's the i'm going to be 40 this year thing? DH goes first, on Thursday even!!

My parents are in their early 60's.

I had #2 at 30 - always swore i'd NEVER have a child that late (my brother was born when my mom was 30).

#3 and i turned 35.

I'm NOT doing 40. NO WAY, NO HOW. :tongue_smilie:

(also having major pre-menopause stuff going on here too)

Hey, I swore I wouldn't get married until I turned 30, and would prefer waiting even longer before having chidren --like 40.

I made my goals too. Married at 31 and 4 days and brought my one and only home at 40.

You just need to move to a different area :) In this area, the young whipersnappers on this board would be assumed to be the au pair or the baby sitter. :P

One of my (now) good friends said that the first time she saw me at the home school park day after we moved here, I had my hair up in braids and she thought, "Oh great! Now we have people who let the nanny do their home schooling for them!"

They started young--I was born when my mom was 23. (And Isaac was born when I was 23!) I'm always surprised at how young they seem compared to my age-mates.

Dh's parents are in their mid-to-late sixties. They started later, but not late. I think MIL was 28 or 29 when dh was born. (And Dh was 27 when Isaac was born!) They always seem younger to me, though, because they are so active and energetic.

So, you're physically old enough to be my mother, but it would have been a very, very young start for you!

I had the hardest time getting Isaac's preschool teachers to believe I was his mom. "Okay, Isaac, your babysitter is here to pick you up!" "Well, could you tell his mother that he'll need to wear sneakers next time?" "When are his parents available to come in for a conference, do you know?"

Aubrey's thread shocked me just a tad when I read how old her mom is. I'm fifty too. How many of you young whippersnappers were in diapers when I was graduating high school?

I did get a late start. Married at 20 but no babies until I was 30.

Not me! But you could be my younger sister :) But you got married way too young and started having children a bit on the young side.

I thought I might be the oldest but a couple beat me out. However I may have the largest age gap between my oldest (who's also my youngest) of any on the boards. I was 39 when he was born. And even though he's adopted, it still counts because his birth mother was 40 when he was born!

I already said my age but one funny re. the mistakes people make re. family relationships. My dad, mom and I were at the airport a few years ago (my parents had me in their early 40's so we are not "close in age"). My dad jokingly said to the girl at the ticket counter that he wanted to buy a ticket for "his favorite wife". The lady looked from me to my mom to me again! She was trying to figure out which one of us was his favorite one! :D

Well hold your glass up and keep it steady, I'm pouring! :cheers2:

Move over, guys -- and hey, no fair!!! You've already consumed all the rum!!! I vote Crissy goes for the next bottle! :D

(Psst...btw...how old are we?)

Um, not necessarily. It is pretty bad when people ask you how old your grandchildren are. . . and you have to tell them that they are your children not grandchildren! :ohmy:

My parents had this problem. My father was 40 when I was born. My older siblings are 16 and 17 years older than I am. Their children are my age.

If I am am out with my mom, sister, and oldest nephew...people assume that the nephew and I are siblings, my sister is our mother, and that my mom is our grandmother.

I will be 38 this year, my sister just turned 55, and my mom will be 74. My mom's grandchildren range from 34 to 4 years old.

Wild huh?

I was 19 (6 weeks shy of my 20th birthday) when my oldest son was born and am 31 now. I was 22 and 24 when my other two were born. I will be 42 when my youngest turns 18. So, when I'm your age, my oldest will be the age I am now.