Menu

Apology

I just wanted to offer a sincere apology to anyone and everyone I may have offended. Specifically anyone who I offended enough to put me on the ignore list. And anyone who removed me from their friends lists.

Good day.

Edited by tntgoodwin

You realize that if you're on anyone's ignore list, they won't see this, right? Unless they are the curious sort. You weren't on my ignore list but I was mildly peeved. I accept your apology.

Maybe this is a test of the WTM Ignore List System. ;) :lol:

What did I miss? Should I be peeved too? :tongue_smilie: Off to read... :auto:

I just wanted to offer a sincere apology to anyone and everyone I may have offended. Specifically anyone who I offended enough to put me on the ignore list. And anyone who removed me from their friends lists.

Good day.

I wasn't offended, but perhaps I just don't know what you are referring to! I assumed *that* thread was started because of Russell Crowe's recent tweets, so I didn't think twice about it.

P.S. Great blog!

Edited by BeautifulLife

Yeah, but I can't think of a topic that has not been covered.

It wasn't one topic, one comment, one post - that made me do this face: :001_rolleyes: It was the culmination of 4(?) threads all at once (not sure on the number and I'm not interested enough to go and count). But I actually make that face enough that my kids say my eyes will stick that way. Not a huge biggie but it did offend some people enough to make them use the ignore feature and apparently unfriend him. And TNT was bothered by that enough to make this thread.

I think it speaks in TNT's favor that he does care how he comes across on the board.

I thought he was just bored. :D I was rather bored yesterday so I was having fun with it.

I did wonder if his wife was out for the day, or maybe on a women's retreat :lol:. But I really don't think he meant any harm; I figured he just finally had some spare moments to ask some questions that he'd been thinking about.

Good day.

You never offended me. In fact, I don't think I even got as far as reading your posts.

I hope I didn't offend anyone :confused:. If I did, I'm very sorry.

I'm always amazed at the things that offend people here & the things that others post that are actually offensive but nobody says a word. I mean I've not appreciated some of the threads & have found some in bad taste but they've not offended me - those almost always seem to be apologized for later. The ones that are actually rude, insulting & intending to be offensive to people are almost never even acknowledged as rude. I'm sure I'm not being clear because I'm posting in between cleaning the house before having guests.

You are not now, nor have ever been, on my ignore list. I made this face :confused: on a couple of your threads because it wasn't just one or two, but it was several questionable threads all in one day. To be honest, I was doubting your intentions here as this is primarily an education board.

I'm always amazed at the things that offend people here & the things that others post that are actually offensive but nobody says a word.

:iagree: I'm new here, so this has confused me too. Sometimes it makes me a bit nervous to post something. I don't want to offend. And I don't want someone to be upset with me, especially if I'm just trying to be funny.

ETA: I need to emphasize trying to be funny. The only time I am really funny to people is when I'm trying to be serious! :D

TNT, while you are pretty much the definition of my political nemesis (and I say that with amusement), I didn't take any offense at your threads. I do feel quite strongly about the positions I take on pro-choice, circumcision, etc., but that doesn't translate into me being angry or offended by you asking about it, or even choosing to debate it.

The only thing that gets my ire up is personal attacks. Attack my argument all you want, but once you resort to ad hominem, the game's no fun anymore.

That said, I understand that these topics are sensitive spots for a lot of posters. I'm sorry to read that your posts stirred up bad feelings from others and that you are getting read the riot act for it. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't ignored you and, having gotten to "know" you a little better from your posts, don't expect I would have to. Your posts may seem to lean really far right to my liberal eyes, but you tend to amuse me, not offend!

TNT, while you are pretty much the definition of my political nemesis (and I say that with amusement), I didn't take any offense at your threads. I do feel quite strongly about the positions I take on pro-choice, circumcision, etc., but that doesn't translate into me being angry or offended by you asking about it, or even choosing to debate it.

The only thing that gets my ire up is personal attacks. Attack my argument all you want, but once you resort to ad hominem, the game's no fun anymore.

That said, I understand that these topics are sensitive spots for a lot of posters. I'm sorry to read that your posts stirred up bad feelings from others and that you are getting read the riot act for it. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't ignored you and, having gotten to "know" you a little better from your posts, don't expect I would have to. Your posts may seem to lean really far right to my liberal eyes, but you tend to amuse me, not offend!

Ditto from another liberal. :)

Some things are meant for other forums ... I wonder about these topics sometimes.:glare:

*sigh

Did everyone forget that this is an education forum too? :lol:

(Now, an entire thread on apologies - well several of them acutally.)

What, it wasn't educational? :lol: There are many types of education....

You certainly have not offended me and as a flaming liberal we are likely to hold different opinions on any number of subjects. That said, you seem to have taken seriously being a gentleman. So hello to you from elizabeth and may our differences make us both good listeners and good friends.

I'm always amazed at the things that offend people here & the things that others post that are actually offensive but nobody says a word. I mean I've not appreciated some of the threads & have found some in bad taste but they've not offended me - those almost always seem to be apologized for later. The ones that are actually rude, insulting & intending to be offensive to people are almost never even acknowledged as rude. I'm sure I'm not being clear because I'm posting in between cleaning the house before having guests.

:iagree: except I'm not cleaning my house. :lol: I didn't see the big issue with people being offended, but we all move to different drums...

I thought he was just bored. :D I was rather bored yesterday so I was having fun with it.

:iagree:

And, I have to admit, I didn't understand why everyone was so mad at you! Then I read your post on my thread and was :confused:. And THEN, I read your siggy and realized you're a guy.:lol: THEN, I got why people were annoyed, but we're not a women's only board (Hello Bill!), and sometimes we need to lighten up (or watch what we say:blush:)

Blessings!

Dorinda

And, I have to admit, I didn't understand why everyone was so mad at you! Then I read your post on my thread and was :confused:. And THEN, I read your siggy and realized you're a guy.:lol: THEN, I got why people were annoyed, but we're not a women's only board (Hello Bill!), and sometimes we need to lighten up (or watch what we say:blush:)

Blessings!

Dorinda

I dont get annoyed until people are name calling but I did not really read the threads in question

Edited by Sis

I'm not mad at you. I was just seriously wondering if you'd gotten into "Grandpa's old cough syrup" a little early yesterday with all the threads you were posting. Next time try to limit yourself to one controversial thread a day and you'll have better luck. :001_smile:

If I said "Grandpa's old cough syrup" I would mean whiskey I would not mix those, others might. :lol:

And you know, the first thing I thought to ask was if it would mix well with whiskey.

But I don't drink whiskey, so I settled for vodka. :001_smile:

This is news to you? :D

Bill

I was in denial, but my inner woman knew this as a fact. Now, I cannot be in denial any longer. I had convinced myslef that you were calling yourself "Bill" for presence and strength of appearance.

:lol:

We can always count on this board for reality checks. *sigh

I was in denial, but my inner woman knew this as a fact. Now, I cannot be in denial any longer. I had convinced myslef that you were calling yourself "Bill" for presence and strength of appearance.

:lol:

We can always count on this board for reality checks. *sigh

Well I am calling myself "Bill" for presence and strength of appearance (plus it is my given, uh, nick-name) so your intuition is pretty good for being a total fail! :tongue_smilie

William (even stronger! :D)