Menu

As of now, who is going to the Valley Forge Convention?

I am :D

I'll be staying in the dorm w/ the meal plan. I'll be bringing a pile of books and curricula for show-and-tell. I've also got some items to sell that I will post to the social group tonight. (If I don't get buyers from the social group, I'll be posting those to the for sale board.)

Thanks to a giveaway on this blog by another WTM member... I'm going! :D

Dorm and meal plan for me also. I can bring our curriculum, but, I don't really have anything that is particularly rare. Very interested in looking at what everyone else has though! :D

(FTR: the stuff I have is- Elemental Science Intro to Science, Galloping the Globe, Miquon Orange and Red plus all the teacher's books, Singapore 1A textbook workbook and extra practice, L'art de Dire, All About Spelling level 1, Lollipop Logic.... I think that's all! :tongue_smilie:If you're interested in seeing anything LMK and I'll be sure to bring it.)

Kymmie, did you join the social group? Are you up for a Thursday night dinner? Details are in a thread in the social group. I'm making the reservation next week.

No I didn't. Going to look for it now.

ETA: Forgot to say, I'm definitely up for dinner Thursday night! I'm going to try and get in to Philly early that morning, there's some sights I'd like to see! But I'm sure I'll be plenty hungry by dinner time. :D

Me!!! And I'm bringing three friends with me, one of whom posts on this board, but I think she's been on break for quite a while (way more self-control than I have:tongue_smilie:).

Looking so forward to this! It'll be so much fun meeting everyone!

I'm not sure what to do about dinner Thurs. night, as I've got those three other people with me, two of whom I don't think have ever posted here so don't "know" anyone (though they do use lots of MCT and SWB stuff, so they'll fit right in :)).

Cleo, the brewpub is truly a family restaurant. We eat at the one in our hometown all.the.time. Your son will be welcome :) Of course, he might want to hide in a corner away from us crazy people :lol:

matroyska, please come to dinner with your friends! It's not so much a board-y meetup, but a like-minded-people meetup :D

I am!

Dorm/meal, bringing some books for show and tell, and maybe a couple to sell.

Me, too!

(FTR: the stuff I have is- Elemental Science Intro to Science, Galloping the Globe, Miquon Orange and Red plus all the teacher's books, Singapore 1A textbook workbook and extra practice, L'art de Dire, All About Spelling level 1, Lollipop Logic.... I think that's all! :tongue_smilie:If you're interested in seeing anything LMK and I'll be sure to bring it.)

I'd love to see L'art de Dire, please!:D

Lukcymama, I'll be emailing you soon with flight info. You are still planning on picking up Osmosis Mom and I, right?? angel.gif

Thanks to a giveaway on this blog by another WTM member... I'm going! :D

Dorm and meal plan for me also. I can bring our curriculum, but, I don't really have anything that is particularly rare. Very interested in looking at what everyone else has though! :D

(sniff) Kymmie got my ticket. ;) I was REALLY glad it went to a Hive member, though. Wish I could join you guys, but... another time. ;-)

So what's the plan for checking in and whatnot? Is there a check-in place or something or do we just pull in and look for a bunch of women with their noses in books?? lol! Do we check-in before dinner or after?

:lol:

I'll be there--dorm and meal plan for me too!

So what's the plan for checking in and whatnot? Is there a check-in place or something or do we just pull in and look for a bunch of women with their noses in books?? lol! Do we check-in before dinner or after?

I was wondering about this too, especially seeing we won't be getting there until Friday am.

Cleo - No I haven't gotten a refund of shipping. I was just thinking about this the other day. I guess I need to email them.

....bump.....

I'm making the dinner reservation on Wednesday June 15 so please respond on the social group thread if you'd like to join us (or you can pm me). We'll be eating at Iron Hill Brewery--Phoenixville which is part of a local chain of brew pub restaurants (you can read the full menu at the link). Reservations will be made for 7pm Thursday night of the conference.

And one last bump. If you haven't pm-ed me or posted in the social groups thread about the Thursday night dinner, please do so today. I will be making the dinner reservations tonight :D

Social group? There's a social group? :001_huh:

I would like to join y'all for dinner Thursday night. I'm driving up by myself....a weekend alone. :)

I'm coming. I'm presenting! Come to my Nature Study workshop (but I'm up against SWB's high school talk, so I'll understand... want to be in two places at once myself!) Would like to go to the dinner on Thursday as well.

I'll be there!! :D My 5 year old is a loooong way from high school, and as much as I *want* to do nature study- it always gets shoved aside. :tongue_smilie:Looking forward to hearing you.

I think we all need to swap notes on the talks we go to! Maybe that's what homeschool moms do until the wee hours of the night on sleepovers? lol! My kids are nature-deprived because I'm not outdoorsy. However, I have an 8th grader and thus I reeeeally need to go to the high school talk.

I'll be there and I'm pretty sure I said so in the social group. I might be late though, that is the weekend of my kids dance recital and I have rehearsals to get them to on Thursday.

I'll be there at your workshop Kalmia! My kids are far from High School and I am definitely going to buy your book! :D

Speaking of buying books...does anyone know if we'll need cash or can I use my debit card to buy from vendors there? (Yes, I'm a conference newbie;)).

Yay Gailmegan, I'll meet another Delaware WTMer :party:

I'm just seeing this now. :D

I don't know how I will find all of you though, since I'll miss the Thursday night fun. I guess you'll have to keep an eye out for the lonely Friday-afternoon straggler.

I don't know how I will find all of you though, since I'll miss the Thursday night fun. I guess you'll have to keep an eye out for the lonely Friday-afternoon straggler.

I think we're going to have WTM nametags?? Someone said RFWP was sending an email asking for our username for the nametags. I didn't get an email so I'm not sure if they were sent or not.

I wasn't checking this thread enough, and I kept forgetting to ask my friends if they wanted to go meet a bunch of crazy WTM ladies for dinner, so I missed the dinner reservations. Maybe we'll just show up at the restaurant and get our own table and make faces at y'all from across the way. :tongue_smilie:

I'm still not sure exactly what time we'll blow into town, but at least one of my friends is all for hitting the road early!

We still haven't made reservations somewhere for Sat. night (since I don't want to drive back to MA Sat. evening) - anyone know of a good hotel nearby, not too pricey, preferably one with a pool and hot tub?

I'm a DE WTMer, too, and so is the friend who's coming with me. It would be great to meet up with like-minded, local homeschoolers. Are you on the DE Classical Educators Yahoo group?

Martine and I will be driving in each day, not spending the night. We're in the Wilmington area. Do you want to carpool with us?

Becky

Yay Gailmegan, I'll meet another Delaware WTMer :party:

I'm a DE WTMer, too, and so is the friend who's coming with me. It would be great to meet up with like-minded, local homeschoolers. Are you on the DE Classical Educators Yahoo group?

Martine and I will be driving in each day, not spending the night. We're in the Wilmington area. Do you want to carpool with us?

Becky

I'll carpool with you on Saturday, but I'm going late on Friday. I'm in North Wilmington. And yeah, I'm part of the Yahoo Group.

If RFP doesn't do a nametag with username thing (which really wouldn't help me because I have very few usernames memorized), let's write our name and the state we live in on the name tags we'll probably get at registration. That would make it easy to link up with each other.

Also, could someone please tell me how to find the social group? I think I remember joining awhile ago, but can't remember...

Thanks.

Becky