Menu

Am I scaring the neighbors?

;)

We have a pool. I'm pregnant....with a belly that is poking quite a ways out. The kids want to swim so I sit out on our back covered patio to watch them. It is HOT. Did I mention it's hot? Am I scaring the neighbors when I sit out there in a pair of capris and a sports bra with my pregnant belly poking out between them? I mean, we do have privacy fences, but our house is on a *very* slight hill where the neighbors can probably see from our chest up.

So....am I scaring them? LOL :lol: I'm usually quite modest in swimwear....I wear a rash guard, so I wouldn't wear this except for in my back yard. I know that others wear *much* less than this. But still....I'm not scaring anyone, right? lol

LOL! When I was pregnant with DD3, we moved into this house with a pool. I was out there every day that summer in my bikini with my belly hanging out. And I do not get cute little baby bumps. I get HUGE and not attractive. I did it anyway despite only having a privacy fence to the neighbors on the left, not the right. (Above ground pool with fencing all around so it was legal)

In my old house, we were on a corner lot with a chain link fence right down the street from a high school with no busing so they all walked home and there were lots of people I knew in the neighborhood. I still sat out in my tankini that covered my stomach in the kiddie pool. It was hot, we didn't have a/c, and I was beyond caring at that point. I was pregnant with DD5 during the second hottest summer on record and I needed relief.

I say you're good. :lol:

If that scares the neighbors then they'd probably faint at the sight of me in a two-piece, which is what I'm wearing this summer (belly and all)!

If wore a bikini when I was pregnant, and lived at the beach. You better believe I walked down to the beach and swam every afternoon. A pregnant belly is beautiful. Keep cool!

;)

So....am I scaring them? LOL :lol: I'm usually quite modest in swimwear....I wear a rash guard, so I wouldn't wear this except for in my back yard. I know that others wear *much* less than this. But still....I'm not scaring anyone, right? lol

My pregnant neighbor just came over to ask me if I would be offended if she laid out in her backyard showing her big belly, :lol:.

Um...no, I don't care. I avoid looking at their yard anyway because it's always such a mess (but I didn't say that;).)

I told her it was sweet of her to ask.

Surely that's a million times better than neighbors seeing me haul the garbage out in Tweety Bird pajamas and no bOOkshelf!

:D I agree--I wouldn't worry about it....I mean if they can't handle that they shouldn't be lookin'!!!!! you go ahead and enjoy the backyard and the pool...... :)

Okay, I sat out there and lounged beside the pool today with my big ol' belly sticking out! :lol: I don't care about the dude behind us....but the neighbors to one side of us is actually the minister who officiated our wedding 11 years ago LOL. Didn't want to give him a scare LOL.

But did you scare/scar your children? :lol:

Your post actually brought back a funny (not at the time!) childhood memory. My mom was very pregnant with my baby brother during the heat of the summer. A friend gave us a ton of sweet corn from his garden and my mom insisted on freezing all of it for winter. She sat in the garage in her bra and panties - and that big ole pregnant belly - shucking corn for a week! I remember being mortified when an elderly neighbor guy walked over to see what we were up to, then he was obviously too shocked to turn around and run because he just stood there staring at my mom's belly. :001_huh: