Menu

s/o Amazon Prime; what things do you buy on Amazon

I think there might be. :001_smile:

We order household supplies like dishwasher detergent, toilet paper, etc. I ordered petri dishes, beakers & flasks for science this year, and games of all sorts. Looking for a basket for my bike rack currently, and waiting for my new phone case to arrive.

Amazon has everything!

Amazon has almost anything you can think of. I always go there to price compare before buying anything anywhere else. We get many of our vitamins there, as well as printer ink, music, magazines, movies, trampolines, groceries, car parts, stereos, lawn mower, furniture, etc. ( Just a list of some of the things we have gotten there in the past.) :)

I bought my bread machine there - lowest price and a free shipping special. I've bought games and toys, cds, dvds, as well as books (loving kindle). This year, I've gotten fabulous deals on textbooks at the marketplace. They also have to lowest price on dd's sunscreen (eczema).

No matter what you want to buy, check amazon first. That is the rule in my house! Even my little ones got it down :)

:iagree: My daughter rolls her eyes at my husband - every time she want something, he whips out his phone and checks the price on Amazon!

We have bought everything from dog crates to lawn mowers to coffee and vitamins from them. Their prices are the best and their customer service is insanely good. I know they are seen as the Big Business Meanie knocking the other bookstores out of business, but honestly, they have everything we need and we save tons of money w/ our Prime shipping every year.

Pull-ups and rice are both a great deal. I'd never pay the outrageous prices for basmati, arborio and jasmine rice that the local stores ask. Pull-ups in large sizes are always in stock and cheaper than I can get them locally, plus I don't have to lug the big boxes home.

I've recently purchased a tool for dh's father's day present, 2 car seats, books that were as cheap as the used bookstore prices, MP3s, games, dried peas and laundry detergent. Like others have mentioned, Amazon is one of the first places we check when making a purchase.

I have bought small kitchen appliances, pots and pans, cutting boards, cookie sheets, kitchen utensils, dishes, batteries, exercise pen for the dog, dog grooming supplies, dog toys, television, toys, board games, video games, video game consoles, printers, a netbook, Kindles, calendars, stereo rack, a gps, cameras, Red Sox clothing, tools, and closet organizing systems.

I check prices + shipping at other places, and usually Amazon has the best deal. We have Amazon Prime, which helps a lot.

Edited by RoughCollie

I too always check Amazon before buying something. Very rarely do I find a better deal elsewhere. I've bought floor mats for our van, baking sheets, cell phone cases, a bucket for my artisan bread dough, bed pillows, and pet dishes to name a few. I regularly buy the non-reusable filters for my vacuum cleaner and filters for our above ground pool. Our "new" used van only came with one key and remote. The previous owners lost the other one, and we bought the van as-is. I will be buying a key and remote from Amazon and having our dealer program them, and it will be half the cost of buying them through the dealer.

regularly:

printer ink, supplements, pine cat litter, grain-free dry cat food, gluten-free Pamela mixes for my mom, CDs, downloadable music, DVDs, games.

special purchases:

bed skirt, blankets, night stands, hiking shorts, scale, binders, tabbed table of contents for binders, Blu-Ray players, tv mounts, flat-screen tvs, headphones, portable boom box, HP printer, adding machine, pulse oximeter, kite, iphone dual charger for car, exercise mat, noise machine, external hard drive, alarm clock, etc.

I pretty much check Amazon for everything and read reviews before buying anything. I rarely go to department stores, Target, etc. any more.

I subscribe when available -- even if I have to cancel shipments -- because it saves money. It's called Subscribe and Save. I subscribe to:

cat litter (Feline Pine)

mom's Pamela mixes

husband's SAM-e

I used to subscribe to Easy Ups (so much cheaper than BJs).

Edited by nestof3

In my cart:

books, a dog crate

On my wishlist:

a purse

a really nice digital piano (It's a wish list!)

a kindle

walky dog hands free bicycle leash

birkenstocks

more books

table saw

blades

nail gun

air compressor

clamps for woodworking

DH's wishlist

42" tv

wall mount for TV

speakers " "

Kids wishlists:

toys

books

shoes (TEVA sandals I need to order soon...)

science kits & supplies

software

electronic dictionary

doggie doo pick up bags

collapsible dog bowl

household wishlist:

pressure cooker

dishes

turkey baster

small kitchen gadgets

coffee maker

food dehydrator

color printer

AND - believe it or not, a kitchen sink (actually five different ones I'm comparing for when we do our remodel)! :lol::lol::lol:

Amazon really does have everything--AND kitchen sinks! :D

Almost everything. Like most people say, I always check the prices at Amazon before I buy anything from somewhere else.

So far, I have bought :

wii games at a very good price

books/curriculum (even at amazon marketplace as some vendors will distribute their books thru amazon)

a snake/bugs bite extractor kit (lol)

bugs bite cream

natural allergy medicines

a charger and rechargeable batteries

acidolphilus (sp?) pills (best price for 90 days)

my organic face mosturizer

GPS

laser printer and later Amazon's refurbished toner (so affordable)

HP ink cartridge for my old printer

RC airplane parts

music CDs

computer software

movie DVDs

etc

I have bought so many things that I do not remember right now. So you see, you can find practically everything in Amazon and at a good price as well.

Julia

I price-check Amazon, too. We use their subscription service to get the kids' Zyrtec and DH's hair gel on a regular basis. I buy Advantix for the dogs on Amazon, too. Those are some of our regular purchases. I even found bulk pine nuts on there a couple years ago when I was making and freezing my own pesto.

I've gotten gluten free groceries before from Amazon - they have good prices for buying in bulk (just have to make sure I really really like the product ahead of time:lol:)

Gluten free oats so we can share our granola with our gluten free friends.

Bulk organic raisins.

Odd ingredients for ethnic cooking. No one in town knew what tamarind was.

Kcups for DH's coffeemaker.

Vruit fruit juice for the kids. They go through one of those large

containers a DAY.

Telecscoping fire forks for marshmallows.

Backyard toys. The kids LOVE their teeter totter and whirly thing. Next order will be a geodesic climber.

Snack packs of things like organic dehydrated fruit and stuff. Things we can take hiking and share with our friends.

Edited by Jennifer3141

Wow. Obviously I should be spending more money at Amazon. lol. I haven't even though to buy groceries from them. I'm going to go check it out after this post.

I could only think of one interesting thing I've bought from amazon and that is one of those menstrual cups. I have also purchased a toaster oven off someone's amazon wishlist as a gift.

I've gotten gluten free groceries before from Amazon - they have good prices for buying in bulk (just have to make sure I really really like the product ahead of time:lol:)

My mom loves the Pamela's Corn Bread mix. I also bought her the pancake mix because it got great reviews and can be used for so many things.

We buy a lot of gifts through Amazon.

I have a wishlist called "Gifts". I add gifts to it for everyone for whom we buy gifts, and in the notes I type the name of the person. I check on the items very so often to catch sales, and then I purchase the gift. It's so convenient!