Menu

Stop! Lots of depressing threads on the board tonight.

aww... it has been an emotional week, both publicly and personally for me. Lots going on here at home, and I've also found myself involved in many controversial threads. This, too, shall pass. Hope you get some rest. :grouphug:

Edited by Mejane

Aww...you just have such a tender heart...you are not a wimp! The real-life challenges and tragedies that have befallen many of our beloved Hive members and/or their families have kept me up many a night. :grouphug: And if it helps, you can pretend we are all cartoon/fictional characters. I'd like to be Wonder Woman. Only way I can get everything done that I need to get done. :D

You want something really depressing? A "friend" asked dd to take a baby bunny because her cat had found the nest and had already killed 1 of the babies. Ds has such a soft heart for animals, he started crying when I told them there was no way this little thing was going to survive. Then I started bawling, because it seemed so unfair to foist off this poor little creature on susceptible little hearts, only to have it die on "their" watch. So here we are, ds crying, me crying, and the poor little thing will probably be dead before morning.

I have to go to bed...but now I can't sleep. I want to cry.

None of you are real, you are all fictional characters.

That's the only way I will get rest.

I need to take a break here. I am such a freaking wimp.

I was thinking last night about all the sad things that are going on in the lives of the people who post here, and I keep finding myself actually tearing up over the stuff that's been posted here this week and last week.

I thought I would just say goodnight last night and tuck everyone in, turn out the lights. I'm glad it doesn't keep me awake, but I pray for you people, my sisters.

What if you got this message when you tried to sign in:

"We're sorry, but due to your high number of posts this week on sad threads, we decided you need to take a break from the forum." ?:001_smile:

Can you imagine what a cut that would be? :001_huh: So Library Lover, I don't think you'll get any such break. Just go to bed. See you tomorrow.:grouphug:

Ha! :) You're all sweet.

There should be a way to get cut off here for awhile without getting banned.

If I asked my dh to change my password here and not tell me, he'd give it up in seconds with the right moves.

There needs to another way for the weak. ;)

Be nice to each other, be nice to the needy children. We're all in this together.

:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug:

I've been 'absent' alot this week so I've missed alot of what has been going on. There are clearly times, though, when the board gets rather 'heavy.' That's why the 'what's your royal name nonsense' threads are so much fun.....although few and far between.

I hope you got a good nights rest.

I know how you feel. I've kept myself up at night thinking about certain people on this board. And the whole time I'm telling myself, "This is ridiculous! Why do I care so much? I don't even know this person, and I can't do anything to help them." But it doesn't stop me from caring.

I hope you got a good nights rest.

I know how you feel. I've kept myself up at night thinking about certain people on this board. And the whole time I'm telling myself, "This is ridiculous! Why do I care so much? I don't even know this person, and I can't do anything to help them." But it doesn't stop me from caring.

Of course you can do something to help! You can message them and say you were thinking of them. :) It doesn't solve their problem, but it is good for morale :)

Rosie