Menu

Has this been asked? What to put in plastic eggs

hair elastics?

lip gloss?

nail polish?

stickers?

beads? (you could fill them all with various beads that she can make her own bracelets and such with later)

m&m's?

earrings?

funky coloured shoelaces?

buttons? (i mean this sort of button, not these!)

craft stuff? (feathers, foam, goggly eyes, glue sticks, pompoms, glitter, lace, etc etc … )

I think I might do a Lego kit with a few pieces in each egg. My other idea is numbered clues for a treasure hunt, then the kids could collect all the clues and search through the house for their sweets (which will probably be homemade cookies or brownies this year).

Edited by MelanieM

We have a large extended family get-together with lots of kids hunting eggs. We put notes in some of them to "See Uncle Sammy for a prize" and include all the male relatives, especially the older ones that may not have a lot of interaction with the younger kids. This gets the different generations talking to each other (and little Johnny sure remembers who Uncle Sammy is next year).

If you really want to have fun with it, don't warn the men that their names are in the eggs. :lol: (Yeah, I really did that to my family one year... now they all know to come to Easter with a pocket full of change!)

We have a large extended family get-together with lots of kids hunting eggs. We put notes in some of them to "See Uncle Sammy for a prize" and include all the male relatives, especially the older ones that may not have a lot of interaction with the younger kids. This gets the different generations talking to each other (and little Johnny sure remembers who Uncle Sammy is next year).

If you really want to have fun with it, don't warn the men that their names are in the eggs. :lol: (Yeah, I really did that to my family one year... now they all know to come to Easter with a pocket full of change!)

I think that's a great idea!

I went to Party City where they have individual pieces of candy...it's like 15 for $1 or something. I bought $1's worth that my kids like (Swedish Fish, tootsie rolls, Sour Patch Kids). I also put quarters into quite a few eggs. I put dollar bills into a couple. And I put a $5 into one egg. I also bought some little erasers shaped as food, desserts, cups, toothbrushes....my girls like to use those things with their American Girl dolls. So I put those into some eggs. Then I had a pack of bugs and split those between some eggs.

My 7 year old told me this morning "I know you'll have the best prizes in our egg hunt." LOL

We put a clue in each one for a treasure hunt to find their baskets.

I started a treasure hunt for baskets when my kids were really young and now they're teens we're still at it. The Easter Bunny writes really, really bad poetry clues so you can imagine the eye rolling. ;)

One year at our church egg hunt, the children's director got the idea that only *some* of the eggs would have candy. The rest would have nothing and represent "empty tombs." The kids were supposed to be happier about finding the empty tombs. At ages 2 through about 9, this didn't go over very well. :tongue_smilie:

One year at our church egg hunt, the children's director got the idea that only *some* of the eggs would have candy. The rest would have nothing and represent "empty tombs." The kids were supposed to be happier about finding the empty tombs. At ages 2 through about 9, this didn't go over very well. :tongue_smilie:

LOL, yeah, my kids would have been disappointed to find an empty tomb LOL.

We just went to a party with an egg hunt yesterday. The hostess did have candy and quarters in some of the eggs, but others had pretend money in them, and she set up a "store" with larger items the kids could buy with the pretend money. The kids loved it, and they had less candy and little junk toys.