Menu

Well Hollywood/Disney has finally blown it, even more than they normally do

Disney are remaking a Miss Marple movie, with Jennifer Garner as Miss Marple.

Is nothing safe from a Hollywood/Disney make over?

Uh... isn't Miss Marple an old lady? I don't think I'd have an objection to Jennifer Garner if they just waited say, 30 or 40 more years to make the movie. :tongue_smilie:

Next.... Hercule Poirot recast as a teenage boy from Burbank...

She's not my favorite actress, but I'll try to withhold judgement on the age thing until it comes out. I was very against the idea of the new Sherlock series that BBC did because of the young age of the actors. I ended up LOVING it. Hopefully, the treatment for the new Miss Marple movie is similar.

Well, believe whatever you want when it comes to creation/evolution/intelligent design, but this is the sort of thing that should make us question their faith. It's deceitful; it's poison; and they're all wolves wolf in sheep's clothing.

Geez, where is Ken Ham when there's really something to be outraged about???

Terri

She's not my favorite actress, but I'll try to withhold judgement on the age thing until it comes out. I was very against the idea of the new Sherlock series that BBC did because of the young age of the actors. I ended up LOVING it. Hopefully, the treatment for the new Miss Marple movie is similar.

Love Sherlock! Can't stand the wait for more episodes.

Uh... isn't Miss Marple an old lady? I don't think I'd have an objection to Jennifer Garner if they just waited say, 30 or 40 more years to make the movie. :tongue_smilie:

I JUST read a few Miss Marple books and she is definitely supposed to be quite old. I mean her grown nephew is a regularly appearing character and there are frequent references to her arthritis and the troubles/advantages of being old (trouble walking, no one paying attention to a snooping old lady, etc). I'm not sure how this would work unless they radically change the stories?

Uh... isn't Miss Marple an old lady?

So will they change the character and her backstory? I had read all of the Bourne Identity series and was shocked when Matt Damon was cast to play Jason Bourne, because Bourne was much older. Sure enough, the character was changed in order to be as young as Damon.

If they re-invent her, what of her is left? I mean, the whole thing is that she's an old lady so folks a) kind of ignore her, or b) tell her stuff thinking she doesn't matter. Lose that and what do you have left but a generic detective story? Why then bother to call it Miss Marple?

If they re-invent her, what of her is left? I mean, the whole thing is that she's an old lady so folks a) kind of ignore her, or b) tell her stuff thinking she doesn't matter. Lose that and what do you have left but a generic detective story? Why then bother to call it Miss Marple?

Yes--isn't the whole point of Miss Marple that her brilliant observations stem from a lifetime of watching the people in her village?

Well, I did like the Young Sherlock Holmes movie....and he was in his early 20s.

she is definitely supposed to be quite old. I mean her grown nephew is a regularly appearing character and there are frequent references to her arthritis and the troubles/advantages of being old (trouble walking, no one paying attention to a snooping old lady, etc). I'm not sure how this would work unless they radically change the stories?

:iagree: And I really hate when they change my favorites. Why not just make up their own mystery story about a young woman then?