Menu

You know what is scary?

Poop. Our Safe Eyes blocked it.

What does it show?

Lots of young people doing really stupid stuff very impressively.:D

Skateboarding from the roof of one building to another, snowboarding, back flips on a pogo stick, diving into small bodies of water from great heights. You know, stupid stuff. Only they did all these things very, very, very well. YIKES!!!

LOL -- That was a cool video!

My fearless hubby also would love to try out some of those tricks too. When he was a teen he'd do similar nutty testosterone driven stuff like that. One friend of his got into a trash barrel with a football helmet and pads on the top of a foothill (2,000 feet elevation) and rolled down it. When they caught up to him at the bottom of the foothill -- the dude was unconscious. These same group of friends would tie a rope to the back of a VW bug (this is back in the 70's) and waterski in a farm water canal. LOL ;)

Me try one? Hoooo-no, mamasita! (I'm an introvert who likes being indoors, thank u velly much.)

Scary is right. Perhaps your ds will have a career in extreme sports or as a stuntman, but I'm guessing you'd rather he didn't.

:iagree: My hubby's childhood friend is a Hollywood stuntman. He does many amazing commercials all over the world base jumping and crazy stunts:

http://www.davebarlia.com/photos.php

http://www.davebarlia.com/resume.php

My favorite part (NOT) -- the grown up man stunts. I keep hoping they'll grow out of it one day, but time and again I'm shown that's not the case.....

(you can't see in my siggy, but I have 3 boys: 13, 9 and 5. The 5 yr old is the most fearless and most likely to wind up a stunt man, with the 9 yr old a very close second.....)

Oh. My.

Heart in Throat time!

I did like the little girl parking her bike! lol I might be able to do that, in slow motion after many tries.

Oh, yeah. I've got this thing about heights and other people (especially kids) falling from more than 3 feet.

My favorite clip was the girl power parking and the guy running on the water.

Tell me that thrown cheerleader didn't go through the basket--please.

My first thought when I realized what she did was, "How skinny is she?"

This reminds me of a friend's DS2. We went to his younger brother's 8th birthday party, and several times he showed off by walking on his hands. He told me about climbing a palm tree, and I told him I could remember him climbing up the insides of doorjambs when he was 4.

My friend has him channeling it into martial arts and gymnastics. I told him he probably has a future with the circus.

Ds 8 took a parkour class at our friend's gym. Within a month they had him jumping from the second story and going into a shoulder roll. He had a blast. He also took up skateboarding this year. At some point I had to just stop watching. It was fun at first, but then he started dropping into the bigger bowls and I realized that I wasn't breathing half of the time he was skating. He tells me that he is nervous sometimes, but he makes himself push past it. Future stuntman indeed.

Ds 8 took a parkour class at our friend's gym. Within a month they had him jumping from the second story and going into a shoulder roll. He had a blast. He also took up skateboarding this year. At some point I had to just stop watching. It was fun at first, but then he started dropping into the bigger bowls and I realized that I wasn't breathing half of the time he was skating. He tells me that he is nervous sometimes, but he makes himself push past it. Future stuntman indeed.

Where do you find a gym with a parkour class? My 5 yr old currently climbs up the door jams all the way to the top... we have him in gymnastics.:D

Where do you find a gym with a parkour class? My 5 yr old currently climbs up the door jams all the way to the top... we have him in gymnastics.:D

Our good friend owns a Crossfit gym that offers parkour classes. I don't think that is typical for Crossfit, but you might want to ask around. Be forewarned, it will forever change the way he gets from point A to point B. Ds now rolls and vaults his way through life.