Menu

Silly poll--Do you like raw bread dough?

Do you like raw bread dough?  

1. 1. Do you like raw bread dough?

• Yes
    • No

Even weirder, I didn't know anybody DOESN'T love raw bread dough. All these no votes are a real surprise to me. What's wrong with you people!?!? :lol:

I just thought the exact same thing as I looked at the poll results before scrolling down! I'm so surprised!

Thanks everyone....ds says it is a mom thing.....he thinks kids like it and moms don't! Now I like cookie batter and cake batter...I think it is the yeast that grosses me out with bread dough....

That's funny--I even like the taste of yeast straight up by itself. :tongue_smilie:

Not to rain on the raw dough parade, but I would be careful about eating raw yeast dough.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/211103.htm

I know that this is pertaining to dogs, but says any species is susceptible, so...I wouldn't want to take the risk, knowing what I know about how yeast reacts and the problems it can cause. I have enough tummy trouble as it is! LOL

I do, however, enjoy swiping a bite of raw cookie, brownie or cake batter, after reading that there's just a 1% chance of contracting salmonella. It's just so good! LOL

Not to rain on the raw dough parade, but I would be careful about eating raw yeast dough.

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp?cfile=htm/bc/211103.htm

I know that this is pertaining to dogs, but says any species is susceptible, so...I wouldn't want to take the risk, knowing what I know about how yeast reacts and the problems it can cause. I have enough tummy trouble as it is! LOL

AH HA!!!! I knew there had to be a good reason to stop my ds from eating raw dough! Thank you. (I won't really make him stop....he hasn't died from it yet....but I will make him read the link....)