Menu

The single best item in all Trader Joe's is......

Oh, I beg to differ.

There is nothing that compares to the Triple Ginger Snap.

:D

Lol. My mother's doctor told her to add ginger to her diet to help with cholesterol levels or something. She sent me to TJ's to get those (Triple Ginger snaps) to go with her Pepsi. :lol: They must be very nutritious.

Edited by Blessedfamily

More for you, right? ;)

I was in line back in January buying some, and a lady behind me asked me what they were. I said, "Lady, you don't even want to know."

Her elderly mother laughed, and said I must really like them. I said, "Why do you think I'm out in the snow just to buy these three bags?"

They had the nerve to get out of line to buy some, after I warned them not to.:glare:

Dark chocolate covered Powerberries. They are addictive, and if you haven't had them, don't. You don't even want to get hooked. (I normally hate dark chocolate.)

Ds calls them "chocolate covered Skittles." They are quite yummy and 20%of your vitamin C. :tongue_smilie:

But ours hasn't carried them since before Christmas! They were completely addictive. I'm still looking for them. ;) But a close second is the chocolate caramels... Mmmmmmmmm.....

Oh and the gyoza with their wasabi drizzling sauce? I could completely live off those for three meals a day!

I haven't tried those yet. My current favorite thing from TJ's is what we had for dinner tonight: Bul Kogi (Korean marinated beef). I buy the boneless kind in the refrigerated section, and cook it on the grill. The kind with bones is available in the freezer department, but boneless is easier for my ds to eat with braces.

Wendi

But ours hasn't carried them since before Christmas! They were completely addictive. I'm still looking for them. ;) But a close second is the chocolate caramels... Mmmmmmmmm.....

Oh and the gyoza with their wasabi drizzling sauce? I could completely live off those for three meals a day!

I saw these today and didn't get them. I'll try them next time.

There are things I like more personally for consumption (mmm.... sesame almonds), but nothing beats the frozen pizza. It's not crazy greasy like EVERY other frozen pizza and it's kinda not horrible for you. It's crazy cheap. And it tastes kinda good for frozen pizza. But best of all, the kids never object to TJ's pizza and salad for dinner. Never.

I haven't tried those yet. My current favorite thing from TJ's is what we had for dinner tonight: Bul Kogi (Korean marinated beef). I buy the boneless kind in the refrigerated section, and cook it on the grill. The kind with bones is available in the freezer department, but boneless is easier for my ds to eat with braces.

Wendi

Yum!!!! My college roommate was Korean and her mom would bring this for us. I didn't know TJs had it!!! Where is it? Refrigerated section. Next to the cheeses? Next to marinated meats? Honestly, I must know.

Yum!!!! My college roommate was Korean and her mom would bring this for us. I didn't know TJs had it!!! Where is it? Refrigerated section. Next to the cheeses? Next to marinated meats? Honestly, I must know.

In the meat section, next to the other marinated meats (carne asada, etc.). A package is about $9 and is enough for 3-4 people. I serve it with rice and a green veggie or salad.

Wendi

In the freezer section - the frozen (well obviously) eggplant and zuccini in a delicious sauce is one of my favorites. We also tasted an amazing "cookie" at the coffee bar. I think it was blueberry with white chocolate, but not sure. We almost brought them home, but thought better of starting another addiction.

Guest Virginia Dawn

I can't afford to try some of the things mentioned in this thread. However, since we recently got a Trader Joe's within a reasonable distance, I have been buying their white whole wheat flour, raw sunflower seeds, cocoa powder, some organic fruits, and natural cereals. Surprisingly they are less expensive than at the local grocery store.

Guest momk2000

Frozen Veggie Lasagne - it's packed with veggies, tastes great and all the work is done. All I have to do is put it in the oven - love it! Now if only I could get the kids to eat it!

I couldn't decide last time between the Powerberries and the dark chocolate covered edamame. I went for the edamame. I liked it, because it wasn't very sweet. The rest of the family hated it, which was lovely for me! LOL

Other favorites are the sweet potato chips (I could eat a whole bag alone!), and the Wasabi Wow! snack mix.

DH is an Oreo addict, so we tried a package of Trader Joe's "Joe Joe's"...I am not ordinarily a fan of Oreos, but these were delicious! There are real vanilla bean specks in the filling. Kinda glad that TJ's isn't closer to us, or I'd eat up all of DH's cookies!

More things to go on the TJ's list. Some froo-froo things to add to our usual staples: maple syrup, hot dogs, frozen veggies, dipping sauces, pot stickers,

tortillas, cinnamon raisin bread.

We have one near us and are getting a second store next year. I go once a month now, but may go more often when it's so convenient!

Fun thread! :D

New TJ's convert here!

Dark chocolate covered Powerberries. They are addictive, and if you haven't had them, don't. You don't even want to get hooked. (I normally hate dark chocolate.)

I just "discovered" these a few weeks ago...oh my goodness. To die for! I also like some of their scones - lingonberry, I believe. I also love their natural peanut butter - if you store it upside down and then mix it up really good when you open it, it stays soft the whole time we have it, in the fridge and all.

ETA: and their homemade whole wheat tortillas are great.

Oh yeah, their marinara sauce (with no sugar!) is excellent, also.

dh stopped at TJ's on the way home today (it's a 45 minute drive for me) and brought home pretzel bark. I'm not a chocolate fan but do periodically get a craving for it. This is YUMMY. YUMMY. It was $4 per box marked down to .99 Dh needs to get more before it sells out!

I have SO many favorites at TJ's but one I crave is the cheese and green chili tamale. Mmmmmmmm.\

LOVE their organic vodka sauce. LOVE their frozen gnocchi w/..... forget the cheese..... I stock up on their organic frozen OJ. I have so many favorites there!!! LOVE their organic jams and pj.

Edited by Denisemomof4