Menu

Speaking of skits....(warning - girl issue!)

I don't wear skirts. Not because I have an adverse reaction to them :D but because they are uncomfortable.

I am not a small girl. I wear an 18 and although I have lost almost 5 pounds in the last two months :w00t: I still have a ways to go.

Now my problem with skirts? My thighs. They rub, it doesn't hurt it is just much irritating, especially in summer - if you catch my drift without me having to get into too much detail :tongue_smilie:.

So anyone out there have the same problem and know how to deal with it without wearing leggings under the skirts?

Ooo if you have any suggestions on how to keep your shorts from riding up when walking too that would be great! :D

I did warn you about this post!!

Well, I've been up to a 16 on bottom and finally dealt with the leg rubbing bit. However, I do enjoy wearing either a very light cotton underwear (like thermal, but made for summer...I live in Amish area, they sell it here) or bloomers (yes, I said bloomers...make them myself and once found four new pairs at an amish yardsale for $1 a pair, bought them all!).

Yes but your title was a bit misleading. :D

Yes, as I read the title and then the first sentence, I was picturing someone into drama who has just realized she should not wear skirts while standing at the edge of the stage. :D That would be a skit/skirt related "girl issue".

We used to call them petti-pants in the old days. :D

Whoa, Nellie! Yes, indeed we did. I had completely forgotten about that!

But can you still buy slips and such? Seems like they don't sell them -- at least based on my recent sightings of, um, back-lit young women offering full disclosure....

ETA: Holy cow! I googled, and check out all the pettipant options!

http://www.google.com/products?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=pettipants&spell=1&oi=spell

And they still make the kind that you can cut to the correct length. Awesome.

Edited by Nicole M

But can you still buy slips and such? Seems like they don't sell them -- at least based on my recent sightings of, um, back-lit young women offering full disclosure....

http://www.google.com/products?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=pettipants&spell=1&oi=spell

LOL I forgot about cutting them to the correct length.

I used to wear very thin leggings that went down to just above my knees. Low rise too, made then feel less bulky. From the wal-mart jr's department about this time of year. Buy the biggest size and they'll fit no problem, they're stretchy! My sister never did where any, she said her thighs got used to it!

After checking out the link (I had no idea what pettipants were, LOL), it seems to me that you could just wear a pair of men's silk boxer shorts. I imagine the boxers would be easier to find in a store than pettipants.

I don't know the name of them----maybe you could google something like "shorts under skirts". I know on one of the other forums I'm on lots of moms/daughters wear skirts and they have found light-weight, "fitted" shorts to wear to help with the thigh issues, without being too hot.

They have these things that are like control top panty hose, but they're just the control top part without the legs. They come about mid thigh. I bought some at Wal-Mart one day by mistake, thinking I was getting control top hose. Anyhow, I've been wearing them under skirts to help with the 'chub rub'. They're not so thick that I feel like I'm wearing layers of clothes, and they help smooth things out.

I have this problem, too!!!

What's "body glide"?

And what can I do for the sweating down there!! Yikes! By noon, I'm soaked and need a change of undies!! Any hints?

I didn't think ANYONE else had this problem, so I live this thread on "skits".:lol:

Powder (corn starch or even browned flour in a pinch) for sweating. Vaseline or copious amounts of lotion for the rub ;)

Body glide is like vaseline, but I think it's lighter (never used it, just guessing).

If you lube your thighs then you cut back on friction, that'll fix the rub and (if this ever happens to you) the pushed back/pushed forward thighs. It'll do the same thing that hose and such do. The only problems, ime, come from using too much (no one wants to leave a snail trail behind) or too little (in which case you'll have super moisturized soft thighs, but they'll end up rubbing).

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/Shop?dsp=30000&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=primary&Nty=0&keywordsearch=true&keyword=pettipants Here you go. The best thing since sliced bread. Neutrogena bath oil or Caswell/Massey Almond Oil prevents unsightly and uncomfortabe chafing. Seriously the best thing is to go commando. I know- TMI but it works. Other than that, cotton pettipants are very comfortable.