Menu

Does anyone know what SWB will be doing for Teaching Company?

I'm so excited she's doing this, and I figure it's some sort of history for adults, which can be used for high school (!), but has she said, yet, what the topic will be?

I feel like some crazed fan or something. :D

If it will be a course using Dr. Bauer's adult history books, you might want to look at them first to see if you like them. I ordered both recently, and sent them right back after examining them. No need to elaborate about why, for my point is just to look at a text before committing to use. :)

I'm so excited she's doing this, and I figure it's some sort of history for adults, which can be used for high school (!), but has she said, yet, what the topic will be?

I feel like some crazed fan or something. :D

I know what you mean! I felt like a crazed fan when I heard her speak in Springfield, MO last week. It's like being at a concert! Well, not exactly.

Hey, I know! Let's make up some we think she should teach!

You go first. Don't be obvious.:lol:

How about this...

"Message Board Management: How to keep your sanity when the homeschooling moms don't play nice."

"Messsage Board Management 2: How to craft pithy responses to homeschooling moms when they insist on getting their feelings hurt."

I am sure there are a million others.

They only BAD thing about this.....is that it's likely to be MONTHS before it's available. Sometimes I like being in the dark, lol. We know one of the professors that have done a lecture for Teaching Company....and between the filming/recording/editing/production it was more than 6 months between the date of the recording and the release. Like her books that we wait for with baited breath and turn blue waiting for them to be released. Anticipation....anticipation...it's making me wait (oh sorry, that ketchup isn't it?)

How about this...

"Message Board Management: How to keep your sanity when the homeschooling moms don't play nice."

"Messsage Board Management 2: How to craft pithy responses to homeschooling moms when they insist on getting their feelings hurt."

I am sure there are a million others.

Message Board Management 3: Yes, you can survive a presidential election.

I thought I saw some info on this on her blog a month or two ago?

Hmmm, I would love to say what it is but since SWB posted on this thread and didn't say what she is doing then I don't want to be the blabber mouth and get into trouble! :)

eta- I am definitely ordering the course when it comes out!!!