Menu

Can you make dinner from 2 cans of chick peas?

Chickpeas, can of tomatoes, pasta, maybe some cheese - mix together

Chickpeas with lemon juice and olive oil, green beans (or other green veggie) served over couscous or rice

Hummus with raw/blanched veggies and pita bread or crackers to dip (Alternately, pita sandwiches with hummus and lettuce or other veggies)

Roasted with whatever veggies are in the house, served with rice or crusty french bread.

Fake Chicken Nuggets:

Drain cans reserving juice. Rinse Chickpeas and put in food processor/ blender with about 1/2 c quick oats. (I use regualar oats, just blend them up first before adding chickpeas). Add pepper, salt, garlic, a little cayenne, some nutritional yeast, whatever sounds good to you. Blend until everything is minced fine. Add the reserved juice until the mess holds together so that you can form nugget-sized patties. I fry these in a little coconut oil in a skillet, but you can also bake them. I would spread a little oil on top so that they brown.

My kids love these, and eat them with ketchup. We don't do it often, but they are so surprisingly good that they are considered a real treat.

Make hummus, then dip raw veggies, pita or crackers, etc.

Yep, or you can make falafel by mixing in garlic, onion and any kind of herb you like i.e rosemary, parsley, thyme, etc. Either mash it by hand or run it through the food processor with enough olive oil so it sticks together. You can form patties or balls and fry them in some oil until they are crispy. Great middle-eastern dish and healthy too.

Yep, or you can make falafel by mixing in garlic, onion and any kind of herb you like i.e rosemary, parsley, thyme, etc. Either mash it by hand or run it through the food processor with enough olive oil so it sticks together. You can form patties or balls and fry them in some oil until they are crispy. Great middle-eastern dish and healthy too.

You can also roll them in sesame seeds before cooking, yum!

My kids love homemade hummus, but won't touch the store-bought stuff at all.

Chickpea and noodle soup

Very tasty soup, that my children will eat also. Saute some garlic in a bit of oil. Pour in one box of Chicken broth, and boil 1/2 cup of noodles in the broth. Add one can of drained chickpeas.

Easy to make, Children like to eat

Hummus is also a very good idea. You can find recipes online.

Chickpea and noodle soup.

Sounds good! I make vegetable soup (tomato based) with either chickpeas or black beans.

My family enjoys veggie pot pie, from Fresh From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker. Two cans of chickpeas, some basic staples, and you have an easy and tasty dinner. You can see the recipe with Amazon's "look inside" feature; it's on page 126.

Edited by TrixieB

I generally either make a tomato-ey chickpea dish or put chickpeas on top of rice with other stuff, or else make them into a hummus like thing. The other thing I've done is make cakes with them! ;) Both a chocolate one and some other sort. They were not bad, but make sure you actually have a way to puree the chickpeas.

I have two cans of garbanzos / chick peas. That is the source of protein for the meal. What tasty dinner can I make?

Thanks.

When I want to use up my garbanzo beans I make Tlalpeno Soup. It's a Mexican soup using the beans, carrot, rice, chipotle, and avocado. It's one of my comfort foods. I did a search for it on google, and it was interesting to see the different versions. I might have to make it this week and play around with it. :)

So what did you make?

I have two cans of garbanzos / chick peas. That is the source of protein for the meal. What tasty dinner can I make?

Thanks.

In food processor, add drained beans, 2 eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne if you like, garlic and some bread crumbs. Blend to a dough like consistency. Adding more bread crumbs if necessary. Shape into small patties. Fry in some olive oil until lightly browned.

Serve over a bed a mixed greens, drizzled with some cucumber yogurt dressing (or other dressing of choice).

That's what we had for supper tonight. (along with some steamed broccoli as a side, and strawberries in whipped cream for dessert.)

curry---

Chickpeas, drained diced tomatoes, diced onion, coconut milk, curry paste/powder, garam masala, potatoes, spinach (thawed and drained), sometimes cauliflower, basically whatever you have that sounds good. Serve by itself or over rice.

:iagree:Except my version has raisins, diced apples, a bit of garlic, and Greek yogurt and no potatoes or coconut milk.

In food processor, add drained beans, 2 eggs, salt, pepper, cayenne if you like, garlic and some bread crumbs. Blend to a dough like consistency. Adding more bread crumbs if necessary. Shape into small patties. Fry in some olive oil until lightly browned.

Serve over a bed a mixed greens, drizzled with some cucumber yogurt dressing (or other dressing of choice).

That's what we had for supper tonight. (along with some steamed broccoli as a side, and strawberries in whipped cream for dessert.)

That sounds yummy, I am going to have to try that!