Menu

Gift ideas for 5 yo who loves monkeys?

Adopt a monkey at the zoo. Our zoo allows you to "adopt" animals there on behalf of a person, the amount varies based on the animal. Or you can adopt an animal from world wildlife fund (I don't know what kind if any types of apes they have), and they will send you a certificate and a stuffed animal representing the one you adopted.

ETA: here is the link animal adoption they have gorilla, chimpanzee, orangutan, emperor tamarin, douo monkey, white cheeked gibbon, bonobo, mandrill, golden lion tamarin and pygmy marmoset

so lots to choose from

Edited by swellmomma

a video about monkeys, a poster, stickers, a cute shirt/outfit, Littlest Pet Shop monkey, wall stickers, bathroom decor (toothbrush holder, soap dish, shower curtain, bath mat) if that's okay with the parents, monkey throw pillow, pajamas with monkeys on them, there are LOTS of things that are monkey-related.

I'm probably not of much help as I sew alot of our gifts that we give to others..but

For a girl

• Monkey printed nightgown
  • Monkey printed totebag
  • Monkey printed pillowcase
  • Monkey printed crayon tote with a monkey coloring book inside (or magazine, based on age).
  • Monkey print socks

For a boy

• Monkey printed night time shorts and tee
  • Monkey printed pillowcase
  • Monkey printed crayon tote with a monkey coloring book inside (or magazine, based on age)
  • Monkey print socks

I bought Sock Monkey snow globes as Christmas presents for my three kids. They're about three inches tall and have L.E.D. lights that change colors. I believe they cost around $10 each.

The store also carried Sock Monkey night lights that were about the same price.

Unfortunately, I don't have any links.

One of my dd's nickname is monkeybutt so we have always bought her monkey items and it was much harder a few years ago. Suddenly, in the last few years, there are monkeys everywhere. :confused: I don't know why but monkey are big now. You can find just about anything with monkeys on it: t-shirt, pjs, towels, backpacks, etc.

I just bought a CUTE wallet & purse at Walmart with monkeys on them. They are in the purse section, but in the kid section there. My dd10 needed a birthday gift for a friend...they were each $5.

Webkins also has a cute monkey.

There is a whole brand of monkey stuff...I just did a quick google search and this is what I found: http://www.bobbyjackbrand.com/. Might be more the tween stage...(for some reason it just shouts attitude to me :glare:, but that's just me...my dd10 thinks these things are so cool).

One of my dd's nickname is monkeybutt so we have always bought her monkey items and it was much harder a few years ago. Suddenly, in the last few years, there are monkeys everywhere. :confused: I don't know why but monkey are big now. You can find just about anything with monkeys on it: t-shirt, pjs, towels, backpacks, etc.

hey that is my ds's nickname, I thought I was the only mom "mean" enough to give that nickname to their kid.

You can get the Bobby JAck brand of money things without the attitude but there definitely is a lot of it that I won't purchase for my monkey loving kid. She has one sweatshirt that she loves that says , "Got monkey?" in front of a carton of milk. It's cute.

We got my daughter a pink sock monkey at Target last year for her birthday and she LOVES it. I think I will remember the adopting a monkey at the zoo idea though for next year.

Do you know if she likes real monkeys/primates or is she more into the animated versions?

If she likes real ones, I think there is an Eyewitness book on primates. Discovery Channel may have DVDs that have primates as well (as long as the parents are okay with the mating scenes that are inevitable and fighting too). There are videos about chimpanzees that have been taught sign language.

For animated...you have already been given a lot of good choices. The only thing I recommend is that if you are going to get Curious George themed items, you may want to ask the parents first. There are some people who don't like him modeling 'being a bad little monkey'.

If they live by the zoo (assuming they have some primates) you may consider going to their gift shop and see what they have. They are usually available to go into w/o buying a pass. They may have some cute items there. Of just buy them a zoo pass for the year:D