Menu

s/o how do you lug your library books?

Usually a reusable grocery bag, sometimes my backpack. When we haven't returned many and I don't want to haul a bunch more, I limit DD to what she can fit in her Cat in the Hat book bag. I usually limit her to what she can carry to the checkout scanner in one trip.

I see some moms with milk-crate like carts on wheels in order to get all their books to their car...

what do you use?

The wheelie crate! We usually have to park a block or two away from the library. I got tired of lugging books and my back hurting for days afterward. And the kids whine if they have carry more than 4 books in a bag. :001_huh:

So I went with the crate. Turned out to be a great investment. I now use it for my groceries from Aldi. And once or twice a week to take the kid's school work with us for church meetings. And I'm pretty sure I'm using it at the pool this summer.

Big tote bag.

You know, I have no idea what our book limit is. We go often and just get whatever we want. The only rule we've stretched that I'm aware of was the rule that says we can't take out more than 5 nf books on the same subject. The brand new head librarian was politely explaining that rule to us the day we wiped out the owl section by accident, and her staff leaned over and said, "It's okay. They homeschool. They'll bring 'em all back in a couple of days!"

I currently have one of the milk crate wheelie carts but as a child I walked to the library with my little red wagon. Sometimes my mom would drive me to a different library and we would carry the wagon in the back of the car until we got to the library. The librarians always loved to see me coming.

I use a large wicker basket with handles at each end. The basket is lined with cotton fabric. It's a nice looking basket, so I can just leave all of the books in it, and have it in the family room. The kids know that when they've finished with a book, it goes back into the basket, which saves me having to search for books in their rooms.

I often receive positive comments from our librarians. They think it's a great idea.

I'll try to paste a sample.

AAAAC5XzeC0AAAAAADfEbw.jpg

Lori