• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I get a Page Not Found 404 error.

Thanks!

S.

Date Group Grade SubGroup Memo Time txbActual txbPossible txbPct chkCompleted chkNormalLoc optNote optAttachment txbNA txbDOW txbLessonNum txbTot 03/17/2009 Language Arts 2nd Grade Literature Independent reading 120

-1 -1 0 0

Tue 850 of 1,589

Here is a list of abbreviations.

If we're missing some, post them below and we can add them to the list.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just wanted to say thanks for the abbrev. list! I'm new to the homeschool scene and have felt a bit shy about joining any type of forum as I didn't know the "lingo". Thanks for making it a bit easier!

One more question for you, what do the titles under each of your names mean? For example, queen bee hive mind, ect... I feel the over-achiever in me rising up! :p

• Like 1

Just wanted to say thanks for the abbrev. list! I'm new to the homeschool scene and have felt a bit shy about joining any type of forum as I didn't know the "lingo". Thanks for making it a bit easier!

One more question for you, what do the titles under each of your names mean? For example, queen bee hive mind, ect... I feel the over-achiever in me rising up! :p

It has to do with how many posts you have made and/or how long you have been here. I don't know what the exact formula is ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest graceacademy

Oh ya....I'll be taking a crash course in abbreviations over the weekend. Maybe now I won't have to keep asking my sister what they stand for. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
I think that you need to check and see, my understanding is that flood insurance is available. One of the problems that the public may encounter is an agent that has not been to flood insurance education to sell it. That might have alot to do with it.. I think he said the other day that 33% of the claims for flood, were not in the flood plain. But, most people will not buy due to paying another premium….

=========================

Van Insurance Online

Spam reported. (At the very least, wrong thread, LOL).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
I didn't see AAS (All About Spelling) on the list.

Do you mean the WTM list? It is on my list (see link below). I don't have a description for it, just the meaning and link. It's difficult sometimes to come up with a succinct description for something I'm unfamiliar with -- I always welcome suggestions, though!

:confused: [ignore these -- the kids just like to see them]:bigear:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
The "d" is usually either "darling" or "dear", so the ones you mentioned would be darling/dear daughter or darling/dear husband.

Dsil=darling/dear sister-in-law

dfil=darling/dear father-in-law

and so forth...

thank you, Chelle!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The "d" is usually either "darling" or "dear", so the ones you mentioned would be darling/dear daughter or darling/dear husband.

Dsil=darling/dear sister-in-law

dfil=darling/dear father-in-law

and so forth...

All the abbreviations are very helpful, but I am so glad to finally have confirmation of all the d's! I'd seen it on other forums and felt pretty certain it was a term of affection for the d, s, or h following but am now affirmed and feel much better prepared to participate fully! Thanks!!

• Like 1

All the abbreviations are very helpful, but I am so glad to finally have confirmation of all the d's! I'd seen it on other forums and felt pretty certain it was a term of affection for the d, s, or h following but am now affirmed and feel much better prepared to participate fully! Thanks!!

I'm glad that was helpful! :001_smile:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The last time that I had to move my website, I promised myself that next time I would get my own domain name! Well, that time has arrived. Here is the new (and hopefully last!) address for my abbreviations list: Homeschool Abbreviations with Links.

Please update your booksmarks/links and visit the new page so that it will move up in the searches to where the old page was.

Thanks!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
So I am obviously stupid, but what does TeA mean??

Goodness, I hope that not knowing what an abbreviation means is any indication of stupidity -- I'd be in big trouble!

As to TeA, I can't figure out how to make the WTM forum or Google do a case-sensitive search, and "tea" comes up with all sorts of hits. What message(s) did you see it used in?

• Like 1

Guest wealthcare

I'm new here. Seems the most commonly used abreviations are DD and DS. I started to look through the list of abreviations. DD and DS are not on the Home School list, the wiki list shows 210 possible meanings. So now I'm 30 minutes into it and dicided to just ask.

What does DD and DS mean?:confused:

Guest wealthcare

OK. I finally found DD and DS on pge 3 of these posts. Thanks. But don't you think they should be on the Homescholling abbreviations list.

Also, I saw in my previous post that I mis-spelled "abbreviation". I guess I could say I was abbreviating "abbreviation" by spelling it with only one "b" :).

Dad of one DD 2 1/2.

OK. I finally found DD and DS on pge 3 of these posts. Thanks. But don't you think they should be on the Homescholling abbreviations list.

Also, I saw in my previous post that I mis-spelled "abbreviation". I guess I could say I was abbreviating "abbreviation" by spelling it with only one "b" :).

Dad of one DD 2 1/2.

It would start with just DD and DS ... and then DH and LOL ... and BTW and HTH ... and where to stop? So I stick with schooling abbreviations that would not generally be found on general abbreviation lists. I did add a note to the Comuter Internet Chat link to indicate that it probably has the most relevant general abbreviations. Unfortunately, it also has annoying ads (video that starts streaming).

OTH (on the other hand), maybe it is time for me to change my policy. If someone would like to pull together a list of general abbreviations that tend to be used on these forums, I'll create either a new page or maybe just another table below the homeschool abbreviations. That streaming video really annoys me.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...