Menu

Prayers please...

This morning, with only 6 hours notice, my husband was deployed to Haiti. I will not hear from him for many days/weeks. He will be deployed indefinitely.

Please pray for this contingent of soldiers, and the many that will follow. Above all, please pray for the people of Haiti as they mourn their losses and attempt to rebuild their lives after this disaster.

Thank you for your prayers.

Blessings.

Erika

**UPDATE: Thank you for your prayers. I've gotten word that DH finally made it into Haiti late Thursday night. The remainder of his unit will be on the ground by the end of the weekend. It appears they will be in Haiti for the long haul (82nd Airborne). Please continue to pray for deployed soldiers around the world. More importantly, let us all pray for timely, sufficient, and peaceful humanitarian aid distribution to those desperately in need.

Edited by cupajoe

This morning, with only 6 hours notice, my husband was deployed to Haiti. I will have no communication with him whatsoever for many days/weeks. He will be deployed indefinitely.

Please pray for this contingent of soldiers, and the many that will follow. Above all, please pray for the people of Haiti as they mourn their losses and attempt to rebuild their lives after this disaster.

Blessings.

Erika

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: We're praying for you guys, too. We still haven't been able to make contact with our family down there...

This morning, with only 6 hours notice, my husband was deployed to Haiti. I will not hear from him for many days/weeks. He will be deployed indefinitely.

Blessings.

Erika

**UPDATE: Thank you for your prayers. I've gotten word that DH finally made it into Haiti late Thursday night. The remainder of his unit will be on the ground by the end of the weekend. It appears they will be in Haiti for the long haul (82nd Airborne). Please continue to pray for deployed soldiers around the world. More importantly, let us all pray for timely, sufficient, and peaceful humanitarian aid distribution to those desperately in need.

As a former Navy wife, I offer your prayers and many, many :grouphug:. May God give your and your dh strength to get through this trying time. It sucks. I know. We military wives are made of gold. You will get through it. But, it still sucks.

And please pray that none of the soldiers that follow are attacked by terrorists since their movements have now been announced on the world wide web.

asta, who is sick and tired of spouses announcing troop movements on message boards.

Honestly, it was quite vague. The information in the post is the same as is available on CNN right now.

Edited by Cera

Generally, I agree that OPSEC is important and it's true that the military tries to drill it into families not to share troop movements. My idiot ex-bil would call my sister on his Iraqi-purchased cell phone to let her know when their tank battalion would be leaving where they were at and where they would be moving to. I griped at her for telling me over the phone but he told her on a cell phone *in Iraq!* This is exactly how bad guys get info, it's true.

On the other hand, they showed the 82nd guys landing this morning on tv and interviewed them, including mentioning their 6 hour leash. I think this mission has several qualities-including showing a little of the humanitarian work carried out by the US military. Therefore, I think this is a bit different. JMO.

On the other hand, they showed the 82nd guys landing this morning on tv and interviewed them, including mentioning their 6 hour leash. I think this mission has several qualities-including showing a little of the humanitarian work carried out by the US military. Therefore, I think this is a bit different. JMO.

Which is funny, because they left on Thursday. So the OP announced her husband's deployment an entire day prior to its official acknowledgement by the US department of defense. That they "officially" left on the 14th, that is.

Like I said, in my other thread - the US military gives out information for specific purposes. And family members may or may not interfere with that purpose.

Published: 06:10 AM, Sat Jan 16, 2010

Bragg soldiers help secure Haiti airport

By Henry Cuningham

Military editor

PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Fort Bragg soldiers got their first taste of the world outside the international airport Friday after arriving late Thursday night and sleeping on the flight line.

a

Edited by asta