Menu

If you have a room that is exclusively your schoolroom...

If you have a room that is exclusively your school room, does it have a name, other than "school room"? We are converting a bedroom into a school room. All (or nearly all) of our hsing stuff will be in there (the playdough is staying in the dining room, and maybe a few other things for now). We will still use the dining room on occasion (where everything was previously kept).

Does this sound silly? For some reason I want to call the room something other than the "school room".

:bigear:

We call it the library because we have over 30 feet of book cases lining parts of 3 walls, and well....it is our library. :0) Out in public, I will call it the bonus room (what it was listed as on our floor plan), because 'library' sounds a bit pretentious around here.

We call ours the Lesson Room. I think I was influenced by earlier days when children were told to study their lessons.

Of course, the only real lesson that occurs in there is the one about clearing mountains of paper and mess off the desks. Most true work happens at the dining table, the couch, or on the floor. :D

I call our the classroom. Just habit, can't say I've thought about it. It used to be the dining room so sometimes it is referred to that way. I could call it the "room where we learn academic stuff and has a really cool chandelier hanging over the table" but that's too long when I remind ds that it's time to go back to class (see I say we go to class, hence classroom).

It could be the room of ticking clocks too. I have three clocks set to local time, London time, & Sydney time.

Oh, when it was the dining room we painted it. One wall is deep red, the other three a golden dark yellow. Our first attempt made the yellow look like mustard, real mustard. We called it the ketchup and mustard room until we repainted with a softer gold color. So we could call it that.

:lol::lol: Probably too much information and sounds a bit scattered, but I didn't get my nap today and my brain is mush and many things are funny that probably shouldn't be.:lol::lol: