Menu

Very personal lingerie question

I'd get a professional fitting at a department store, somewhere like Dillard's or Macy's. Even Nordstrom's. These are complementary, but to be sure you are getting their expert fitter, you might call ahead and make sure she'll be there when you're going--otherwise you might get stuck with someone who just measures and isn't so great at fitting. You might also ask when's a good time to come in, so you can get more attention when they aren't as busy. These are a little pricier but they will take the time to find you exactly what you need and you won't regret it. Buy one there. Then you can go to JC Penney or Kohl's and find something similar for not as much money!

I'll bite! :lol::D

The closest, nicest department store( Von Maur, etc..) during the daytime when they have an older, experienced sales woman to help. No thank you to a 20-something size 6/'B' cup salesperson trying to help me and my "staff!" No offense, but in this case, personal and time experience are HUGE. (No pun intended!!;))

Smiles

:)

I'd get a professional fitting at a department store, somewhere like Dillard's or Macy's. Even Nordstrom's. These are complementary, but to be sure you are getting their expert fitter, you might call ahead and make sure she'll be there when you're going--otherwise you might get stuck with someone who just measures and isn't so great at fitting. You might also ask when's a good time to come in, so you can get more attention when they aren't as busy. These are a little pricier but they will take the time to find you exactly what you need and you won't regret it. Buy one there. Then you can go to JC Penney or Kohl's and find something similar for not as much money!

i have done this before and gone to private boutiques and you do get what you pay for...if you are really having back and pain problems i recommend splurging on some really good pricey bras...they last and really do help.

The closest, nicest department store( Von Maur, etc..) during the daytime when they have an older, experienced sales woman to help. No thank you to a 20-something size 6/'B' cup salesperson trying to help me and my "staff!" No offense, but in this case, personal and time experience are HUGE. (No pun intended!!;))

Smiles

lol i just giggled at your post

I recently bit the bullet and went to Victoria's Secret and got some professional help for my, ahem, used goods. I am somewhat modest and never felt uncomfortable. I am, let's say "blessed", in the chest area and found a nice-fitting appliance. You may just need to get a second opinion and spend a little more. Honestly, it was the best money I've spent in a while. A nice-fitting bra can go so far.

The best fit and quality was when I went to Nordstrom's and got fitted for one. The ladies who work in the lingerie area know how to put you at ease and educate you about bras. Look for sales -- the $60 bra was on sale for $30.

Excellent idea! Thank you, tex-mex. January is always a good month for sales on clothing, so I'll keep my radar up.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Smiles

smiley-laughing025.gif

Blessings,

Lucinda

Check the phone listings (or even call your GYN's office) for shops that sell bras for post-mastectomy patients. Best fitting I ever got and I just happened to be referred there for nursing bras, not post surgical.

:Iagree:

Nordstrom is great but regular stores will only carry brands that make limited sizes. Depending on your proportions, you might be better off at a more specialty store.

:Iagree:

Nordstrom is great but regular stores will only carry brands that make limited sizes. Depending on your proportions, you might be better off at a more specialty store.

Thank you for the tip, but my poor body is within the size range offered in stores. Full figured, yes, but not outrageously so. I have a small frame with skinny limbs and an apple in the middle :lol: Or should I say an apple and two large oranges? (hypothetically speaking of course - LOL!).

Blessings,

L.

If you don't have a Nordstroms neaby (we don't :sad:), then I would suggest a boutique. I never had any success at Victoria's getting sized. Maybe it is just our poor local customer service, I don't know. But, the boutique helped a bunch. The price was outrageous (IMHO), over $50/bra, and they weren't even pretty! LOL.

Check the phone listings (or even call your GYN's office) for shops that sell bras for post-mastectomy patients. Best fitting I ever got and I just happened to be referred there for nursing bras, not post surgical.

I go to a place like this, also. FWIW, I have gone there for many, many years and I have purchased bras that were $75 and some that were $20. Depended on the style, manufacturer, etc. The ladies were experienced, helpful, and understanding. It doesn't have to be expensive if you let them know that is a factor. Definately worth the trip! :D

didnt read all the post so sorry if I repeat. I recently posted a similar thread because I also was having trouble. I went to VS were they sized me for a 36dd and I bought 2. They were horrible. No support and the back strap was slipping. Well, I went to Dillard's just before Christmas and got another sizing (the lady said she had been doing this for over 15 years). I was a 34f! Big difference. I purchased a Le Mystere that was on the clearance rack for $40.00. OMG! What a difference! This is the best bra I have ever owned. I will watch for sales in the future and but as I can.

:iagree:

That's where I get mine because no one else sells my size locally. However, they are not reasonably priced, IMO.

If you were (er, hypothetically speaking...) a full-figured woman that wanted to find a posture style bra that was of good quality, a good fit and a reasonable price, where would you shop?

My back is killing me, and my cup runneth over.

smiley-ashamed002.gif

Blessings,

Lucinda

:lol: Btdt....... wish I knew where to find what you're looking for.