Menu

CHALLENGE: Name the baby girl!

First, congratulations! God is good!

My oldest dd is Noelle. My youngest dd is Bella (not Isabella....just Bella). When I first read your post yesterday I thought Bella Noelle would be a beautiful name for your new dd (She will definitely be a "Beautiful Christmas" miracle for your family).

However, I love Sarah Noelle. Then there's Bella Sarah (Beautiful Princess).

This is all so exciting! Congratulations, again.

Grace

Natalie

Noelle

Lily

Lilah

Leila

If you don't want trendy, scratch Grace and Lily. Evey other kid I know is Grace or Lily. Plus, Grace Sarah doesn't sound good together. Sarah Grace sounds nice.

I was going to suggest Natalie even before I saw it on your list. Instead of Lily, how about Lillian?

But honestly, I think you should make Sarah the first name. Sarah is a name that never goes out of style. (And it doesn't rhyme with Tara the way I say it ... mine's TAR-ah.)

Tara

First, congratulations! God is good!

My oldest dd is Noelle. My youngest dd is Bella (not Isabella....just Bella). When I first read your post yesterday I thought Bella Noelle would be a beautiful name for your new dd (She will definitely be a "Beautiful Christmas" miracle for your family).

However, I love Sarah Noelle. Then there's Bella Sarah (Beautiful Princess).

This is all so exciting! Congratulations, again.

Ooooohhh -- these are beautiful choices! I vote for any of cupajoe's suggestions!

How incredible for your family to receive this unexpected gift, and this time of year to top it off! Congratulations truly are in order. I hope you share more of your story as it unfolds.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One

My vote is- Sarah Noelle.

I know exactly how you feel I had 3 boys before I had my daughter and its really very exciting!

Just thinking about those tiny dresses makes me smile.

God is good.

I grew up with all brothers and male cousins, then I had two boys of my own. Just thinking about those tiny dresses made me nervous!

I haven't read the other replies, but my choice would be Natalie! Can't wait to hear the good news when it comes :001_smile:

I'm going to add yet another vote for Natalie. I have always thought it was a lovely name that is suitable for both a little girl and a grown woman. (I have to admit bias here, though, my oldest is named Natalie. :))

Oh, and about the nickname thing...I don't think it's possible to have a name that can't be nicknamed if the child's friends try hard enough. We didn't shorten our Natalie's name at all, but as a teenager her friends did. She has been "Nat-Cat", "Nat-Catty", and even "Nattypants" to her dear friends...at that age they all have cutesy names for each other.

I also vote for Sarah Noelle!

I'll mention dd's name - the story behind it is a bit hard to explain, but we've since learned that it has a LOTR connection, if you happen to be a fan - Perian. We shorten to Perry, but I see you don't want androgynous names.

YMMV!

ETA: I just noticed that if you were to put dd's name w/"Sarah", she could be "Perry Sarah" - which would sound kind of odd, but have a (tenuous) board connection!

Edited by OhM

How about Ember?

For the month of her birth, for the flame of hope and love she brings?

Or you could stretch it to Kimberly ?

Oh wait you don't want abbreviations.

If your morher's name will be her middle maybe another relative for the first name?

Can you combine your name with your husbands?

What about your maiden name?

Since you found out about her at Christmas....how about Joy or Noel.

I also like the classic names like Lydia, Lilly, Sarah, Elizabeth, Paige, Brenda or Brenna, Michelle, Tammy

Have fun and sending positive thoughts that everything works out.

Love this one. :D

I've started several times to comment to you that I love your board handle! I had wanted a girl named Perry for years by the time I was pregnant w/my first.

So "Perian/Perry Sarah" could honor you and PariSarah (who I haven't seen around for quite some time? But I guess that's yet another topic?)

OK - back to real suggestions for Heather...

If you don't want trendy, scratch Grace and Lily. Evey other kid I know is Grace or Lily. Plus, Grace Sarah doesn't sound good together. Sarah Grace sounds nice.

I was going to suggest Natalie even before I saw it on your list. Instead of Lily, how about Lillian?

But honestly, I think you should make Sarah the first name. Sarah is a name that never goes out of style. (And it doesn't rhyme with Tara the way I say it ... mine's TAR-ah.)

Tara

I agree with the comment about Grace and Lily. I thank my lucky stars that my Lily is really Lillian. Sometimes we find there are several other Lily's around, so my dd tell people to call her Lillian to cut down on the confusion.

I like Sarah Noelle and Sarah Nathalie (why is it that Sarah seems to work best in front???). But, I love the suggestion of Mia Sarah. Mia is my sister's middle name. I have always loved its simplicity, yet its beauty. And, it works for all ages.

I have a friend named Lyndia. It's different, but not too out there, and beautiful. I don't think it has it's own meaning, but Lynn and Lynda mean beautiful or pretty.

Sarah Lyndia sounds nice. I also love Sarah Noelle. I don't like any of the names with Sarah second. It just doesn't sound right.

My vote is for Sarah Grace and she could be called both names. We have friends at church whose daughter is named Sarah Grace and she is such a precious baby. And this child would be an evidence of God's sweet grace in your life!

Just to add, I am from Texas and I think the 2 name thing is more common in the South but it's just so beautiful!