Menu

Please pray for my sister. She's 55ish and was just diagnosed with a brain tumor....

She has a meningioma which, although usually benign in terms of cancer, obviously it is a brain tumor and "benign" is a misnomer.

She has an appointment with her GP today and they will schedule her appointment with a neurologist.

Her doctor said "although this is a bad situation", it is the best case scenario in that context.

I will be praying for your sister. I have a very good friend in his early 40's who was diagnosed with a brain tumor around his 30th birthday. It is in a part of the brain where they could not operate, so they had to watch it. As time went by, they realized it was not malignant (not growing, not spreading), but they said that, if it does grow, of course it will affect something (speech, motor skills, etc). So far, so good. The size has remained the same or very close to the same for the last 10 years. Although it is not a wonderful situation, he has lived a beautiful life full of laughter and happiness since the day he found out. He hasn't let it slow him down a bit. He is honestly one of the most humble and happy people I know. :)

We will be praying for your sister.

My FIL was diagnosed with a non-malignant brain tumor about 10 years ago when he was 60. It was a different type (based on location), but apparently behaved similarly. They were successful in removing it, and he is very thankful today that he had it because it was the catalyst for such positive changes in his life... people he met, increased thankfulness, etc. At the time, though, we were all scared to death.