Menu

What? No HP thread? Anyone, anyone?

Oh man, I'd love to get dressed up, but my family would disown me. I'd like to go as a Thestral.

:lol::lol::lol: Now that would be quite a costume!

We are going tomorrow night. No one volunteered to watch our kids until 3 am on a weeknight so we could go to the midnight showing. :confused: :D

We are back from the movie...I went as McGonagal, my older dd went as Ginny, and my younger dd was a very convincing Trelawney. In fact, she won 2nd place in the local radio station's costume contest, and a load of free junk. GRIN. (DH went as a muggle!)

It was a very fun time. We've gone to every HP movie's opening night in costume (as well as the release of each book). It is sad to me that my older dd will be married before the next movie comes out...and probably not living nearby to go with us.

Oh, and yes, I loved the movie. The book is better (of course) but the movie was nicely done.

I was so pleased with my kids. My youngest found out how much movies cost here and decided that we need to save money and we will go on Saturday early show to do that. My middle was astonished that kids in her summer fine arts program were going to the midnight showing. (The program starts at 8am and doesn't allow absences -like two gets you zero credit).She is also thinking that Saturday morning will be just fine. (Neither can go on weekday mornings because of swim and dive or the fine arts program).

My dh, dd and I are going this afternoon. We are taking her to the Chinese buffet first and making a special day out for just her. That doesn't happen too often around here. I am sad that my oldest is in Iraq because our Harry Potter days started when he was 11 when the books first came out. Where does the time go?

We are going to the local 12:30 Ultra-Screen showing...we did all do the midnight release party at the library for the last book but hubby has to wrok and us traipsing through the house post-film at 3am would have woken him up. Besides which I am not a night owl (the last book was an exceptional experience!)

My dh, dd and I are going this afternoon. We are taking her to the Chinese buffet first and making a special day out for just her. That doesn't happen too often around here. I am sad that my oldest is in Iraq because our Harry Potter days started when he was 11 when the books first came out. Where does the time go?

:grouphug:

Hugs & prayers

I'm going to keep you in mind when I'm crying b/c my ds is going to high school next year.

We are back from the movie...I went as McGonagal, my older dd went as Ginny, and my younger dd was a very convincing Trelawney. In fact, she won 2nd place in the local radio station's costume contest, and a load of free junk. GRIN. (DH went as a muggle!)

It was a very fun time. We've gone to every HP movie's opening night in costume (as well as the release of each book). It is sad to me that my older dd will be married before the next movie comes out...and probably not living nearby to go with us.

Oh, and yes, I loved the movie. The book is better (of course) but the movie was nicely done.

We need a picture.