Menu

IF you take a springbreak, when will you take it?

mama25angels

When ps is on spring break, dd10 gets carte blanche to take time off to get together with friends - it's hard for them to have time to get together when school is in session, between homework & sports. So we'll do an abbreviated school week during ps's spring break. I'm also going to try to pull off a week of horseback riding camp for her, if I can afford it, and I guess that will be her spring break!

We always did an Easter vacation, not a spring break, so yes, it was the week before and the week after Easter. No family members in school or college so that was not a consideration; when the neighborhood children were on break was irrelevant to us, as well.

Easter week. I may still keep up with a few things that I don't want the kids to stop for a week. My Kinder is learning to read so I won't let up completely on that. I may still have my oldest working in math. But usually I just let everything else become freetime while I clean, organize, and just do my annual Easter stuff.

I also try to plan our schedule and breaks similar to our local ps because it allows us to get together with good friends and family. I don't necessarily follow their exact schedule or plan to take the entire week off, but I do plan days off through out the year with this in mind.

This week. My birthday was this week, and it looked like a good time to take a break. :)

I don't take a break at the same time every year. It's just whenever it makes sense for us.

I think this fits us too. We had half time last week because of a visiting relative. This week we have a new puppy, so I am trying to have ds do a bit at least to try to have puppy in a routine and no shock that life is not play with puppy all the time usually, but nothing effective is getting done in school other than puppy related studies.

I think this fits us too. We had half time last week because of a visiting relative. This week we have a new puppy, so I am trying to have ds do a bit at least to try to have puppy in a routine and no shock that life is not play with puppy all the time usually, but nothing effective is getting done in school other than puppy related studies.

Puppy breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :001_wub:

Ok, carry on...

:lol:

I don't know!!!!! We were going to take the last week week of March off and head to Paris for a few days (to celebrate my 40th!), but we plan to go there for a few days and Disneyland Paris when James Bond comes home, so we may not. I may wait until JB actually comes home to take spring break, though it will be well after everyone else. I'm thinking of doing a short week when our PS take theirs so Indy can go out and play a little with his friends. I.DON'T.KNOW! It's all too complicated for my little brain!

We are taking 2 weeks. March 24-30 ds9 is taking his because he is going away to a spring break camp. The next week April 1-7 everyone is taking one because dd13 has a big dance festival on that weekend and will spend much time in dress rehersals etc that week.

We are taking Good Friday off and then the week after Easter. That's when ps is off here, and the kids will really want to play with their friends and cousins that week. Plus I can handle ps kids knocking on the door for a day or 2 when they are off and we are not, but I don't think I could handle a whole week of constant knocking.

We follow my husband's private school schedule, so we'll take the last 2 weeks in March off this year. If break hadn't fallen during Holy Week, we would have taken that off instead.

The local public schools get the last week of March off.

We have a bunch of field trips and homeschool activity days planned during break, where I'd normally have skipped half of them. If we don't have to get our seatwork done, then sure, let's go check out that activity!

We'll take a break when I feel we need one :)

Yep. This is how we homeschool too. We took of a week in February and I'm thinking about taking Good Friday and the week after Easter off. We are year round homeschoolers so we finish when we finish and take a break when we need it.