Menu

Malaysia Doubts and why my husband is AWESOME

So now that the countdown has begun...81 more days...now the nerves are setting in. Doubt, fear, cold feet, you name it, I'm feeling it. Actually I feel like I have a split personality...one second I am elated and the next I am biting my nails. This is all normal right? RIGHT????

So I sort of unloaded on my dh tonight and told him all my irrational thoughts and fears. My dh is absolutely firm in the decision...no doubts whatsoever. After I unloaded, I heaved a heavy sigh and began surfing the internet aimlessly.

A few minutes later, my dh sits down on the couch behind me with his guitar and begins to play and sing:

What is life?

A thousand roads, a thousand ways

Why am I so afraid to move

I crossed the line

I'm stepping out so come what may

I give it all cause I'm drawn to You

As long as my heart is beating...

Where You lead me I will follow

Where You lead me I give my life away

Forever and a day

I can't deny Your very presence is my life

And why would I ever turn away

Cause deep inside I know that I cannot rely

On anything less than faith

Forever and a day

This is all I'm dreaming of

To live completely in Your love

So this is life

So now I am going to bed with a smile because I have a wonderful husband, an awesome new experience to look forward to, and a God who loves me enough to give me both. :001_wub:

that is really sweet! I am sure you guys are going to have some great adventures.

My best friend moved to Singapore last July, for her husband's job. She is doing really well there, it is not home, but not a bad place either, lots of neat things about it, lots of new things to experience. She does find many foods they are used to in stores, tho often they are expensive, but sometimes not. She buys kraft mac n cheese for her kids, and Mcdonalds delivers there.

I am leaving next week to go visit her, I am really excited.

enjoy your adventure!

Let me tell you! I had every emotion under the sun when we were getting ready to move here--it was scary! I would urge you to take at least a couple of weeks when you first arrive just to settle in your dc and explore together as a family--it helped us a lot. Also, getting into a routine was a life saver!

I'm praying for you and your family as you embark on this amazing journey! You will never regret it!

Guest janainaz

I would be afraid, too. I'd be more afraid to have regret that I didn't step out and take the chance. I'd love for my family to have the opportunity to experience life from a different perspective. It would still surely take faith to go on that journey, but I think that is what makes life something worth living.

So now that the countdown has begun...81 more days...now the nerves are setting in. Doubt, fear, cold feet, you name it, I'm feeling it. Actually I feel like I have a split personality...one second I am elated and the next I am biting my nails. This is all normal right? RIGHT????

So I sort of unloaded on my dh tonight and told him all my irrational thoughts and fears. My dh is absolutely firm in the decision...no doubts whatsoever. After I unloaded, I heaved a heavy sigh and began surfing the internet aimlessly.

A few minutes later, my dh sits down on the couch behind me with his guitar and begins to play and sing:

What is life?

A thousand roads, a thousand ways

Why am I so afraid to move

I crossed the line

I'm stepping out so come what may

I give it all cause I'm drawn to You

Forever and a day

I can't deny Your very presence is my life

And why would I ever turn away

Cause deep inside I know that I cannot rely

On anything less than faith

Forever and a day

This is all I'm dreaming of

To live completely in Your love

So this is life

So now I am going to bed with a smile because I have a wonderful husband, an awesome new experience to look forward to, and a God who loves me enough to give me both. :001_wub:

Wow!! Maybe I should consider going to Malaysia too! ;) :D hehe

I wish you all the best in your new adventure. I can just imagine how excited/scared you must feel. How awesome that God just totally reassured you like that through your husband. I pray that God richly bless you and your family. :)

Jennifer

Did you ever get you and your family set up with Skype, so your mother can nag you over internet video conferencing? :D

Seriously, you want this.

Bill

Ahhh, my mother nagging me from 10,000 miles away....yes, that WILL make it feel more like home! :tongue_smilie:

Yes, we do plan to get all our friends and family set up on Skype before we go although the 12 hour time difference will make for interesting 3am calls until my mom figures it out!

Ahhh, my mother nagging me from 10,000 miles away....yes, that WILL make it feel more like home! :tongue_smilie:

Yes, we do plan to get all our friends and family set up on Skype before we go although the 12 hour time difference will make for interesting 3am calls until my mom figures it out!

:D Make it a rule that calls can only happen at 7 or 8. That way it won't be terribly early or terribly late depending on who you are. 12 hour time difference is pretty easy. Try 5 (I am forever counting on my fingers;))

If you want to loan him out for a "pep talk tour" before you leave I know where he could make a stop or two. Wow, he's a keeper.

You know my favorite line in that song is ..."Your very presence is my life" Using the word is instead of in give the song a deeper meaning to me.

:crying:

What a sweet man. We just jumped in with both feet (more like a cannonball) into a new adventure. We have turned our family upside down with our new shop. It's exciting, though. We are all growing so much through the transition. But, there are the early mornings I wake up with my stomach in knots wondering what the hell we've done. It's good to have a DH that can talk you down. When the dust settles, we see an awesome lifestyle ahead. It's just getting there that's a nail-biter. We pray a lot together. We didn't do this very often before. It's making a huge difference.