Menu

Breaking News: Rainbow and CWP!

happygrrl

I just got off the phone with Rainbow Rescources, and the associate asked me to post the following:

Up until 2 hours ago Rainbow had no idea about the CWP phenomenon except that they were suddenly swamped with orders! She laughingly said that they had *never* had so many orders for *any* math! Anyway, she had just gotten off the phone with the publisher, who assured her that they would supply Rainbow through the summer. SO- it may take some weeks to get everyone's order filled (Rainbow ran out of stock yesterday) but they feel that they *will* be able to fill your order (as long as it is placed before late summer).

After speaking with her, I felt reassured enough that I chose not to cancel my order. Hope this makes you feel better too! :)

Edited by happygrrl

• 2 weeks later...
I just got off the phone with Rainbow Rescources, and the associate asked me to post the following:

Up until 2 hours ago Rainbow had no idea about the CWP phenomenon except that they were suddenly swamped with orders! She laughingly said that they had *never* had so many orders for *any* math! Anyway, she had just gotten off the phone with the publisher, who assured her that they would supply Rainbow through the summer. SO- it may take some weeks to get everyone's order filled (Rainbow ran out of stock yesterday) but they feel that they *will* be able to fill your order (as long as it is placed before late summer).

After speaking with her, I felt reassured enough that I chose not to cancel my order. Hope this makes you feel better too! :)

Where is the cheapest place to order?

I too am very grateful to this board and people who share such news with us. I don't hang out on the Singaporemath.com forums so I would never have had a clue.

I placed my order for 3, 4, 5, 6 weeks ago when the "news" first broke....and have received my order already so we're set for years to come, lol.

And while I respect Rainbow's business knowledge and could of course be way off base....frankly if you really want these books, I would really suggest that you order it sooner rather than later. I say this because the "news" has begun trickling down....I've seen the announcement posted on two different Yahoogroups that I participate in, so word is getting out. And while it may have migrated to WTM directly from Singaporemath.com it's making the rounds rapidly and of course that means everyone else is going to start panic buying as well. My mind says that the supply isn't gonna last through the summer as more and more people discover they won't be able to wait for grade level before ordering these.

Get 'em while they're hot folks. Being consumables they aren't likely to make a huge splash in the secondary market either....I know I've had my eye out for all the Singapore supplements to buy used for more than a year and have only picked up a few here and there.

I agree, I'm glad I read about CWP here, I never would have known. I ordered from RR last week; it's on backorder. I am going to cancel as I found a seller on eBay (a store, not an auction) and was able to get 3,4,5, and 6 for about face value and pretty cheap shipping. One thing's for sure, I'd been on the fence about CWP for my children, but my mind was quickly made up after hearing they are going OOP!

I just ordered grades 1-6 from Exodus books. Can anyone tell me if these include the answer key?

The answers are in the back of the book.

It's only the answer to the problem - not the steps to get there, but if you're stuck, the Singapore math forums should help.

Does anyone know why they are discontinuing these?

Are they planning to update them or replace them with something else?

I had been planning to use these but am hesitant to buy all of them now since I am not sure I will love them.

Those of you who use them can you tell me more about them and what you love about them?

We are currently using Horizons Math which includes word problems. Would there be any benefit to adding the CWP?

I would appreciate any wisdom you could share with me.

Thanks and bless you.

I ordered CWP 4, 5, & 6 from ExodusBooks.com yesterday...got word that CWP 6 is on backorder, but 4 & 5 are shipping! Yea!

I had first looked at CBD...all three levels are listed as on order with an expected ship date of 6/19/09... so we wait... :)

I called Rainbow last night and was told that they expected to get more CWP in "sometime this summer," except for the 3rd one. I asked again, for clarification, and the employee confirmed that their company would not be getting any more of the level 3. I remember singaporemath.com saying the 3rd would be the first to go completely out of stock, so I quickly placed my order with christianbook.com. (Christianbook.com is awaiting their shipment of levels 4-6, but they did have a couple of 2 & 3 left, as of last night.)

Guest jkiddhaven

I think that this is the word problem workbook available with Singapore Math. Some are still available at Exodus books. :001_smile:

I called Rainbow this morning to check on backorder status.

The associate told me that my book 2 had mailed, and that the rest were expected to come "sometime this summer" like like the previous poster said. I am contemplating ordering from another source as well... then I might be assured that I get at least one of each of the levels I need, and if I get extras that means the kids can each have their own. The thing that holds me back is the guilt of hogging limited resources! :glare:

I also checked Exodus books and the Singapore site, and they seem to have them all except book 4, which is expected in May. I was so excited to find the Exodus site; what a cool place! I hope to visit there on my next trip to Portland.

I do wonder what the for-sale board will look like next year... maybe lots of folks will order out of panic, never use them, and the boards will be flooded! :lol:

after speaking with her about the backorder. She said that she didn't know if they were going to get any more. So I cancelled and ordered 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 from Singapore, and 3 from Amazon.com. They are all on their way. didn't want my RR order to be held up so I let it go. So there you go-- more copies for everyone else. ;)

We placed an order for CWPs 1-6 with RR around April 15th. I received levels 1 & 2 approximately two-three days ago, but levels 3-6 were on backorder. I read the latest posts to this thread this morning and called RR to check on the order status. The rep did say that level 3 will most likely not be available to purchase through them and she was completely unsure about the other levels. I was told that RR would have no problem if I wanted to cancel the remaining items and place an order elsewhere to ensure availability.

I called CBD.com and was told that all levels are on backorder.

I called Sonlight and spoke to a rep who stated that they have all the levels in stock (at that time), so I placed my order for the remaining items asap... cancelled with RR.

Whew!

:001_smile:

agghh-I thought I was okay-ordered from exodus books awhile back-now they tell me book 4 isn't avail til May so they cancelled it from my order and 5 and 6 are backordered! I guess I'll call and cancel them and try SL! Bummer-then I have to pay the extra shipping for SL!!!!!!!!

These books had better be worth it! :glare: :)