Menu

How old was your vehicle when you had to replace the battery?

Um... 3 1/2 years. I just had to replace the battery last month, when the kids left the door open with the keys in the ignition while we were at a friend's house. Totally, un-jump-start-able flat. Not a bad life span for a battery that came with the car and suffered who knows how much draining while it was on the lot.

Guest Alte Veste Academy

Two years and 9 months of very hard use. Chrysler replaced it because it was still under warranty. It's 3 minutes to the park and to the library and 5 minutes to the grocery store. So, basically, my short trips equal short battery life. The car is not running long enough for the alternator to fully recharge the battery again before I stop the car. It's a bad cycle. Add that to the fact that the van has electric side doors and an electric hatch and the fact that the kids have left the interior lights on a few dozen times... Well, I think it wasn't really Chrysler's problem that the battery died but I'll take it for free anyway. :)

I have a 2002 Toyota Sienna (purchased in Jan. 2002).....with the ORIGINAL battery. Of course it only has about 65,000 miles on it....but I do live in the sunshine state, LOL....south Florida to be exact.

I asked my neighbor if I should just go ahead and change it out....so I don't get stranded anywhere (although I do have AAA....but...well....who wants to wait for them, LOL). He told me NO.

I wonder how much longer it will last.....

Um, you know you can just have it load tested, right? And that will indicate... well, something related to how it holds a charge and recovers from use, which evidently tells automotive technicians (because, let's face it, we just don't have mechanics anymore) something about whether it is about to leave you in a parking lot.

Anyway, Sears or NTB or wherever should be able to do that.