Menu

I have no one else to tell...

Every piece of dirty clothing ****and*** all the sheets in my home (minus, of course the clothes currently being worn:glare:) are now officially washed, dryed, and folded...on the same day.

no, no, no...please...hold your applause...it is embarrassing....

And I may even sneak into their rooms and put it away before I go to bed.

It's late and very few of you will ever read this, but it needs to be memorialized somewhere. Because, as you all know, tomorrow morning it will all start again. But I'm okaaaaaay with that. ;)

Jo

A goal we all strive for! And usually the minute I set back and say "Ahhhhh", basking in the moment, my husband come through the room adn decides he needs to throw something into the empty basket!

But good for you! Sometimes these things need to be done late at night in order to be enjoyed for longer moments of time!

And usually the minute I set back and say "Ahhhhh", basking in the moment, my husband come through the room adn decides he needs to throw something into the empty basket!

For me, it's my 16yo dd who inevitably chooses that moment in time to rid her room of all dirty laundry that has been building in there! :tongue_smilie:

Every piece of dirty clothing ****and*** all the sheets in my home (minus, of course the clothes currently being worn:glare:) are now officially washed, dryed, and folded...on the same day.

no, no, no...please...hold your applause...it is embarrassing....

And I may even sneak into their rooms and put it away before I go to bed.

It's late and very few of you will ever read this, but it needs to be memorialized somewhere. Because, as you all know, tomorrow morning it will all start again. But I'm okaaaaaay with that. ;)

Jo

Ahhh! Congratulations!!! Now, just commit to one load a day and you've got it made in the shade! :D What works for me is to load the washer before I go to bed with the load I want to do in the am. (It helps that my washer can be preset ahead of time). After the clothes are washed in the am (mine right before I get up as preprogrammed) I move them to the dryer, fold, and put away. Having been the QUEEN of Mount Washmore in years past, this method has been my saving grace. Somehow, one load a day is SO doable when you're all too familiar with the alternative! :tongue_smilie:

(and Jo has more than that) one load a day in our gigantic washer did not keep up. I need to do at least 2 per day.

Congrats Jo! I'm dealing with "Mt. Washmore" myself today.

Oh, certainly, I completely get that one load a day may not be enough for every family (though, it does happen to be for mine). (Size of washers is also a factor!) I was thinking, though, it's a place to start. ;-)

:hurray: Congrats!

Are you really going to put all those clothes away though? My older children each have a buddy and are responsible for putting away their folded clothes and their buddy's clothes. I am the baby's clothes buddy. :)

While reading the replies, I chuckled when I read about children suddenly finding all the lost clothes in their bedrooms. It's happened too many times around here. :001_huh:

Ah, laundry. One of the bittersweet joys of motherhood...

Sigh. Objects to be washed. Continually washing.

I had to change the way I thought of Laundry. If I think it's a chore somewhere deep within my soul I feel that it ought to be able to be checked off, done, fini, at some point. My despair and self-flagellation when I can't ever get there or arrival is short-term is huge.

If I think of it as a project to manage. I no longer despair.

But do you actually have room to put it ALL away if it's clean? 8) Congrats!

Shhh. I went through all the children's dresser's and closets earlier in the day. :ohmy: I have a trash bag full of donations and a box to give to a friend. I actually *do* have room to put it all away. Weird. And for an all too brief moment all their drawers are neat.

It isn't my routine objective to have all the laundry and linens washed at the same time. But it is so sweet when it happens--once or twice a year. :lol:

My dh is returning from deployment within a month and I'm on some sort of organizational binge.:blink: I'm not naturally so motivated. I decided I better ride this wave for all it's worth.

Thanks everyone. Gosh and golly. All that applause was quite startling to wake up to.:blush5: