Menu

Tackling Easter?

HomeAgain

We are all worn out here, and dh is working today.  Today will be very low key, I think.

• coffee
  • hide the eggs
  • watch ds hunt for them after he wakes up
  • Godspell
  • lunch
  • make giant paper airplanes
  • go on a 3-5 mile hike
  • dinner: chicken and noodles.  We scaled way back and changed direction after I got some great deals at the grocery store.
  • Disney Jeopardy family time
  • Like 6

Happy Easter!  
We’ve done baskets, egg hunting, and cinnamon buns. A little bit of food prep is done. Most of the day will be me, dh, and youngest two.

Last year, we spent a lot of Easter doing yard work for our first Spring in this house. I’m hoping to do some today if the weather stays pleasant enough.

After 2 nights of short, crummy sleep, I WILL be scheduling a sugar crash nap! 😉 

• Like 5

Happy Easter!

Baskets are out, but kids are still asleep. 

Dh is off to church bc he’s in the choir and they sing both services. Kids and I will follow in time for the late service. I’ll pick up my mom and bring her. 

Out to lunch afterwards.

Then home to change clothes and relax for a bit before heading to friends’ for a hymn sing. Taking what remains of the peach cake. 

There is leftover lamb, hash brown casserole, and asparagus from last night, for a late supper. 

• Like 6

I put more books and hid the first round of eggs for the morning in and around my mom's library. 

I'm having a really hard time getting into the mood and feeling it this year. Grief seems to be hitting harder this year than last year, and I sorely miss having little kids. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

We had an egg hunt.   I made lunch and we have eaten.   I am organizing and cleaning a bit.

• 2 loads of dishes (one done!)
  • take up boxes to attic spaces
  • unpack 3 boxes I brought in
  • clean master bedroom
  • Like 7

Happy Easter! Yesterday I did a lot and that included a nurse visit doing intake who us a homeschooling mom and was looking into buying a certain WTM book and also asked about Clasical Conversation. She has at least 3 she's h9meschooling including a high schooler. I showed her the WTM website and the all the forums cause she was asking me about some curriculum I didn't know about. I also told her that CC was way to rigid for me and not right at all for my youngest who was the only one the right age to possibly do it.

done

• boiled 4 more eggs since 4 cracked veteran
  • found out that we are moving Easter celebration to ds's house since both oldest and youngest were repairing their cars yesterday together and while changing brakes pads on ds's van, a bolt broke and they are still trying to fix today.
  • Filled plastic eggs for grandson's Easter egg hunt 

To do

• gget all medications and supplies together for going
  • Get rest of candy for adults and gkids not there
  • Get changed into nice dress
  • Help dh pack up
  • Maybe take a nap??!?

• Like 4

I honestly don't know how previous generations managed it all.  I am exhausted with a very scaled back version.  Dh doesn't celebrate most holidays with us so all the trappings fall to me while he goes to work.

Ds hunted for eggs.  It took him a while to find them all.

We made paper airplanes, had some family time.

Each of us went and did homework.  Let me just have this one and say I hate professors who assign junk.  In week 1's packet was the requirement to take a selfie and caption it with 4 things about ourselves.  Week 2 has a requirement to upload audio about ourselves to go with the selfie.  This is for a science class.

DS is playing basketball with friends who were also sent outside after too much sugar.  I'm not looking forward to the hike, making dinner, and orchestrating everyone into an activity.

• Like 4

Re: previous generations—in my family of origin, lots of women all contributed dishes and labor. It’s just me and mine here—and not 6-8 other households chipping in.

I have been cooking for hours while the kids dyed eggs and hung around. I am taking a break since we just finished up brunch and then I will head back to the kitchen to cook. we will have an early dinner and then do video chats with family.

• Like 3

@Dmmetler Terrible for the fridge to go out today!  I hope it's a quick fix when you get a repairman in and not a total loss.  We had ours go out last summer.  It was a small part that helped regulate that went on the fritz.  $200 for a repair bill was nicer than a lot more than that for a whole new fridge.

• Like 2

Worship was fabulous! 

Kids and I took my mom out for a nice lunch. Dh went somewhere to watch bball. 

Ate a few jelly beans.

Resting a bit and running some laundry before we leave for the hymn sing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HomeAgain said:

@Dmmetler Terrible for the fridge to go out today!  I hope it's a quick fix when you get a repairman in and not a total loss.  We had ours go out last summer.  It was a small part that helped regulate that went on the fritz.  $200 for a repair bill was nicer than a lot more than that for a whole new fridge.

We made a run out to Walmart and picked up a dorm fridge we can stick some things in until we can get someone out to look at it. M will need one next fall anyway. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dmmetler said:

I put more books and hid the first round of eggs for the morning in and around my mom's library. 

I'm having a really hard time getting into the mood and feeling it this year. Grief seems to be hitting harder this year than last year, and I sorely miss having little kids. 

I am so sorry the grief is hitting harder this year.  Sending some hugs your way.

I miss having little kids too.  I don't think I ever won't and that makes me sad.

• Like 1