Menu

recipes needed

My kids don’t mind them plain with mashed potatoes or sauerkraut as part of brunch. We use them for jambalaya with shrimps if we happen to have seafood in our fridge. Usually they get sliced and used up for fried rice.

ETA: bratwursts with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes https://www.hengstenberg.com/recipes/recipe/nuernberger_bratwursts_with_sauerkraut_and_mashed_pota

Edited by Arcadia
  • Like 2

Ground sausage

Sausage spinach soup ( Olive Garden Zuppa Tuscana)

Bisquits and Gravy breakfast casserole   https://pin.it/PZl0Oo70G

Cabbage/egg  roll in a bowl - use sausage instead of ground beef

pizza

Brats

Sunday night supper here is protein ( in the form of wings or sausage or brats), popcorn, fruit and cheese

Sheet pan dinner with brats

Brats, beans and corn bread

Brats wrapped in crescent rolls

• Like 1

Sausage and Lentil Soup

1T oil
1 carrot, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 large onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 lb. hot Italian sausage, casings removed
8 c. chicken broth
2 -14 oz cans crushed or chopped tomatoes
10 oz frozen spinach
1 t salt
¾ t black pepper
1 t crushed red pepper flakes
1 t oregano
1 t thyme
½ t fennel seeds
2 bay leaves

16 oz lentils, sorted

In a large saucepan, heat oil, carrot, celery, onion, and garlic until tender. Remove from pan.  Add sausage to pan and cook until brown. Drain fat and pat sausage on paper towels.

In a large stockpot, place broth, vegetables, sausage, tomatoes, lentils, and spices. Simmer until lentils are tender, 30-45 minutes. Add spinach shortly before serving.

• Like 1

1st idea: Cut up the brats/cook the sausage and put in omelets or quiche.  Throw in veggies and cheese.

2nd idea: Breakfast sausage recipe: 1 lb ground pork, 1 tsp sage, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp oregano, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, pinch of ground cloves

Fry it up and reserve some of the drippings for biscuits and gravy. To make gravy, heat the drippings on med and whisk in enough flour to make a roux.  Cook and stir a few minutes and then start adding milk/half in half a little at a time, whisking well until it is the consistency you want.  Salt, black pepper, rosemary, thyme [+red pepper] to taste.

• Like 1

Mashed potato casserole: casserole dish full of your favorite mashed potatoes, topped with cooked sausage and shredded cheese. Bake to warm everything and melt cheese. My kids love this. 

• Like 1

(Meat) and Rice Casserole

Make a pot of rice and set aside.

--------

Saute veggies in oil.  I use onion, celery, garlic - all chopped. 

Add some butter to the veggies and saute until mixture thickens somewhat. 

Add spices.  I used Kosher salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, and whatever goes with the rest of the ingredients.

Add some kind of cooked, chopped meat.

Add 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup.

Stir all together and heat.

Mix the cooked rice with the above mixture.  Put in a greased casserole dish and seal with aluminum foil.  Bake at 350 degrees just to heat everything.  You can also remove the foil and melt cheese on the top if you like. 

• Like 2

We take pizza dough and spread it on a pan, add mozz cheese and ground cooked/drained sausage, roll it up, and bake it.  I think it's a calzone or stromboli like that?  I've never had either of those but I think that's basically what it is.  

• Like 3

We like brats fried up with onions, peppers, and pierogies. 

Italian seasoned sausage will go with any pizza or pasta dish or in a zuppa toscana

breakfast sausage is great in patties on breakfast sandwiches, in gravy for biscuits, in savory scones, or in scotch eggs. You could also do a whole breakfast casserole. 

22 hours ago, Halftime Hope said:

Me making stupid inquisitive faces trying to figure out the domain name... I'd rather beach ef? (What's ef mean?!?)  🤭

I assume your emoji means you figured it out, but just in case.....Id rather be a chef