Menu

I am very disappointed in my cake.

Faith-manor

It is not how I pictured it in my head. I can not frost nor pipe at all. Just no talent for it. The little moose cookies spread soooo much when they baked. They are gingerbread, and the dough was chilled overnight, and still they spread so they are too big.

It looks terrible, but after 3.5 hrs of being hunched over at the counter fussing, and fussing, and fussing to try to make it look better, I am done in. It is what it is. The green roses in the picture are in a vase behind the cake, not part of the cake.

Despite my aching back, I need to go bake the last batch of cookies.

20231223_162546.jpg

• Like 22

Well, I was going to say it looked pretty good other than the green roses, so I guess that's a big thumbs-up from me! 😁

(Seriously, take another picture without the roses in the background and add a little more light to get rid of the big shadows and I think it will look a lot better to you!)

Edited by Catwoman
Forgot something!
  • Like 3

I will try to take a picture in a few minutes. It is on a 3" thick, cherry wood slab. Very, very heavy. I need to move it to my island now that I have it cleared of all the cookie dough stuck to it. But, I am afraid to move it alone. Mark ran to the store, so I feel like I should wait for his help.

Ya those roses! 😂😂😂

The brunekager cookies are cooling and waiting for me to put them away as well.

Edited by Faith-manor