Menu

gifting dollar bills

ProudGrandma

2 years ago I started an experiment.  I started (secretly) saving all of the one dollar bills that came across my purse (wallet).  I didn't purposefully exchange bigger bills for 1's....and I have saved over $400.  I wanted to put my dollar bills under the tree for my boys and husband to use to go skiing with (assuming there is snow in northern Michigan over Christmas).  But I didn't just want to wrap up the bundles.  So I am looking for some ideas to wrap all of these ones that would be fun and interesting.  If you have any thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks. 

• Like 2

We have several bookcases in the room where we celebrate.
I've hidden $20 in ones in the books.
I did make them stick out a little, so it wasn't overwhelming.

Making a Cash Gift exciting is something I love learning about!
Let us know how it goes---it's such a fantastic way to gift them the Ski Trip!

Money Cake:

Money coming out of a Tissue Box.

This youtuber made a box that the money "explodes" out of.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kfeusse said:

yeah, but not for the number of bills I have...and I really didn't want to trade in the ones for bigger bills

You could do lots of small ones…

fill a coffee mug

fill a mc Donald’s French fry box with rolled up dollar bills.

Do any of them need new ski gloves? Backpack, suitcase, etc.

I think it would be fun if they could just keep finding cash in every gift they open..

I'd love to make in into those really official looking bundles -- like, the ones criminals have in heist movies? Maybe by ironing each bill so that it is perfect, crisp and new. Then you could layer them into a briefcase and make it look like it's just a *massive* amount of cash from some sort of shady exploit. Except, of course, it's all ones. That would be really funny to me.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bolt. said:

I'd love to make in into those really official looking bundles -- like, the ones criminals have in heist movies? Maybe by ironing each bill so that it is perfect, crisp and new. Then you could layer them into a briefcase and make it look like it's just a *massive* amount of cash from some sort of shady exploit. Except, of course, it's all ones. That would be really funny to me.

My kids would think this is absolutely hilarious. Maybe I will start saving $1 bills this year.

4 hours ago, Mrs Tiggywinkle Again said:

My kids would think this is absolutely hilarious. Maybe I will start saving $1 bills this year.

You could “buy” $1 bills from the bank. We bought $2 bills from Citibank to use for cash gifts because $2 bill is rare. We also bought $1 coins from them.

Edited by Arcadia