Menu

What do you like to make with chorizo?

saraha

Breakfast tostadas!

Brown and drain it like ground beef.

Take some tostada shells and layer refried beans, chorizo, scrambled eggs, queso fresco, avocado slices. 

If you can cube up some small chunks of potato and cook it with the chorizo, even better!

And also, like @katy said, breakfast burritos. Yum!

ETA:  Oops…add scrambled egg to the tostadas!

Edited by mmasc
Missing ingredient
  • Like 2

Soup--like with kale and white beans. But our favorite is choripán: cook thoroughly, heat baguette and cut into several-inch lengths, and put the meat into the baguette as a sandwich (like a hot dog) with mayo if preferred. Nothing else needed in the sandwich. So good.

• Like 1

I love it in an omelet with roasted poblano pepper, roasted onions, and cheddar Jack cheese. Top with avocado slices and either a bit of sour cream or salsa (pico de gallo).

ETA: we usually do roasted breakfast potatoes as a side to help stretch the meal for our family size

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 1

So, dd19 says she had a burrito barzon at a Mexican restaurant. It was stuffed with chicken, steak and shrimp. Topped with some kind of white sauce possibly cheesy, pineapple and chorizo. She wants to recreate it with some of the chorizo I bought. What do you think the white sauce is made of? I googled burrito barzon recipes but only got listings for restaurants that serve it

12 hours ago, saraha said:

So, dd19 says she had a burrito barzon at a Mexican restaurant. It was stuffed with chicken, steak and shrimp. Topped with some kind of white sauce possibly cheesy, pineapple and chorizo. She wants to recreate it with some of the chorizo I bought. What do you think the white sauce is made of? I googled burrito barzon recipes but only got listings for restaurants that serve it

Where I live the white sauce is just cheese dip, which around here (southeastern US) is made from the deli white American cheese, thinned with whole milk.  Restaurants use Land o Lakes extra melt white American, which you can only get like in a restaurant supply place.  But Boars Head from the deli is pretty close.  The slices wrapped in plastic don't work.

And if she isn't an over the top person, you can just buy white cheese dip in the refrigerator section near the regular cheese.  

• Thanks 1