Menu

What skyline is this?

KungFuPanda

I don't know what skyline it is, but I don't think it is any of the ones posted yet.

Behind the circle skyscraper on the left (using top photo) is another, shorter one that seems to have a round top with a "sky spike" thingy and on the right side to the inside (left) of the next tallest skyscraper, there is a building with an inverted "v" top and another spike thing, then to the inside of that it looks like another rectangular building has two tall, wider spike things like arms sticking up in the air.

2 minutes ago, fraidycat said:

I don't know what skyline it is, but I don't think it is any of the ones posted yet.

Behind the circle skyscraper on the left (using top photo) is another, shorter one that seems to have a round top with a "sky spike" thingy and on the right side to the inside (left) of the next tallest skyscraper, there is a building with an inverted "v" top and another spike thing, then to the inside of that it looks like another rectangular building has two tall, wider spike things like arms sticking up in the air.

In front (if you're looking from the Bund/across the river) of the tall TV tower, there IS another, shorter, round topped building in Shanghai. And the shape of the Pearl TV tower in Shanghai is unique because it also has a round part that's lower down - which is exactly what you see on the building in the skyline on the scarf. I'm not totally sure which pointy and spiked buildings are shown there... one of the problems with the Shanghai skyline is that it keeps changing. But if you look at different views, you'll see other ones. I'm really nearly positive this is Shanghai. 

• Like 3

I am swayed by Farrar's confidence. 😄 I'm declaring it Shanghai.  Nothing seems to perfectly match the scarf, but you can look at that skyline from any angle and it'll be different.  Also, the knit designer might have taken some creative liberties. I certainly think it's a better fit than Dh's Toronto theory, because a Toronto skyline would have that arched thing to the left of the bulby, pointy thing.

• Like 3

On 12/26/2021 at 4:27 PM, KungFuPanda said:

I am swayed by Farrar's confidence. 😄 I'm declaring it Shanghai.  Nothing seems to perfectly match the scarf, but you can look at that skyline from any angle and it'll be different.  Also, the knit designer might have taken some creative liberties. I certainly think it's a better fit than Dh's Toronto theory, because a Toronto skyline would have that arched thing to the left of the bulby, pointy thing.

🤣 🤣 You mean the SkyDome (not it's name anymore, I don't think) to the left of the CN Tower 😂  

Definitely not Toronto.