Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

2 hours ago, Terabith said:

DC38F22E-8B9F-4AA8-BAB2-F3AC6799CB9B.jpeg

I like that kid's attitude.  

I admit I dislike people telling little kids what they 'can be' when they grow up.  Some female tour guide told my then (high strung) 5yo she could be a pilot when she grew up.  She promptly burst into tears because she wanted to be a mommy.

(She has a chem major, bio minor, and a doc.  She was working 1 day a week to stay home with babies. Just moved so lots of transitions.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Katy said:

Same thing happened to me last week. Also the 3 year old. 

94F8D228-4D30-4FCB-AD03-9D43BC88BFE7.jpeg

Pretty much this happened to me when putting a kid to bed one night.  Nose was okay, but broke my really nice bridge that looked like my own teeth.  Got it replaced, but the new one sucks.  Have had it longer than the nice one.  Sigh.

• Sad 5

14 hours ago, Katy said:

620E410E-8A22-42D3-A0D6-DEC4C8910CA3.jpeg

Oh man, this exactly. I mean, I have the Better Than Sex mascara. Spoiler alert: it’s not.  And it low key irritates me that for the sake of “sassy” marketing hyperbole we’re going to pretend that it could be 🙄

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Katy said:

Same thing happened to me last week. Also the 3 year old. 

94F8D228-4D30-4FCB-AD03-9D43BC88BFE7.jpeg

2dd used to whack our noses with her head all. The.  Time. (Not deliberately) 

We'd scream and she'd wonder why.  Completely oblivious. 

On 4/14/2022 at 8:08 PM, kbutton said:

May be an image of text that says 'Dad Jokes @Dadsaysjokes Why are there poptarts but no momtarts? Because of the pastryarchy.'

This is my favorite tea towel! I can’t seem to copy a photo, so: https://quirkycommodities.com/products/eat-the-pastryarchy-kitchen-towel

(eta: have never posted this here, but if you see any typos on that site, pm me and let me know? Pretty sure there there are many! … where’s the running away emoji when you need it? 🤣)

Edited by Spryte
  • Haha 3

On 4/14/2022 at 7:35 PM, Katy said:

1F275514-E0E8-4046-82EE-EA02987BF53E.jpeg

This was me until I started a part time job with tips. Now i can send any amount of exact change for field trips. Need change for a 10 or a 20? No problem.  $15 in ones? It can be arranged. 

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

Some others I have heard reported:

Kid: - he's breathing my air!

Kid: he said he loved me! (said in a "how dare he" way.)

My dad loves to tell the story of when my family ran a filling station and the preacher’s wife drove up with her two boys on the back. She turned around, clearly frustrated, and yells “I don’t care if he did look at you. . .”

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, wintermom said:

It's worse when you have a combination of paper bills and coins. I hate carrying around $1 and$2 coins, and calling them loonies and toonies doesn't help that much. 😉 

We don't have this problem much in the US, as the largest coin in general circulation is only worth 25 cents... having lived or traveled to many places outside the US, I've noticed that the largest coin in use, whatever number it may have on it, is generally worth about $2US. But we've managed to stick to one with only 1/8 the value, even retrofitting machines that take only coins anywhere else to take bills. Guess not as much of an issue now that even parking meters take credit cards...