Menu

Easy Chicken Breast recipe.. go

hjffkj

I need an easy chicken breast recipe that isn't just baking it with salt and pepper.  I'm feeling uninspired.  I have an oven or instant pot to work with.  Stove is too hands on for my energy level right now 🙂  Thanks

Chicken breasts in a single layer in a baking dish.  Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Meanwhile heat 1/2 cup apricot preserves, 1.5 tbsp soy sauce, and 1 tbsp whole grain mustard until melted and combined.  Pull off the heat and melt in 1 tbsp butter.  Pour over chicken and pop back in the oven for 10 minutes.  Then broil on high for 2-4 minutes.  Super quick and easy for week night dinners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bacon Cheddar Chicken Breasts:

Preheat oven to 400. Lay chicken breasts out a single layer in a baking dish. Season both sides with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and salt. Top with bacon bits and shredded cheese. Insert temperature probe into a thick part. Bake until internal temperature is 161 degrees.

Greek Chicken Kabobs:

Cut into cubes. Marinate with olive oil, lemon juice and Greek seasoning. Grill on skewers. Serve with Greek salad, rice, and puffy flatbread.

Chicken Fajitas:

Buy the seasoning packet. Follow the instructions. Serve with mushrooms (on the side or cooked with the meat) and soft flour tortillas. Add shredded cheese, bacon bits, crispy onions, salsa, sour cream, etc.

Edited by bolt.
  • Thanks 1

Chicken breasts + favorite jar of salsa = Easy Chicken Tacos 

Add to Instant Pot, set to Manual on High for 20-25 minutes (chicken can be frozen), release pressure when done

Shred the chicken and serve on tortillas or tortilla chips with all the fixings 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

I need an easy chicken breast recipe that isn't just baking it with salt and pepper.  I'm feeling uninspired.  I have an oven or instant pot to work with.  Stove is too hands on for my energy level right now 🙂  Thanks

I've been relying on a wok to do super fast meals.  I know you don't want to deal with the stove, but chopping the veggies takes longer than cooking fried rice.  It's so insanely fast.  Precooked lo mein noodles are even faster.  So, if you have odds and ends and not enough of any one thing to make a dish, I'd go with a stir fry or fried rice.  If you don't own a wok, you can use a cast iron skillet or dutch oven.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

Chicken breasts + favorite jar of salsa = Easy Chicken Tacos 

Add to Instant Pot, set to Manual on High for 20-25 minutes (chicken can be frozen), release pressure when done

Shred the chicken and serve on tortillas or tortilla chips with all the fixings 

I have a similar recipe I was going to recommend, but yours is easier.  You can add a can  of corn or black beans after the chicken is shredded, then heat until warmed through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

I've been relying on a wok to do super fast meals.  I know you don't want to deal with the stove, but chopping the veggies takes longer than cooking fried rice.  It's so insanely fast.  Precooked lo mein noodles are even faster.  So, if you have odds and ends and not enough of any one thing to make a dish, I'd go with a stir fry or fried rice.  If you don't own a wok, you can use a cast iron skillet or dutch oven.  

stir fries are usually a go to for me and they are certainly fast, but today I don't have any odds and ends so the chopping of veggies is longer than I'd like to do.  My plan for veggies is a salad I made for lunch, asparagus cooks in the oven, and likely brussel sprouts cooked at the same time as the asparagus because those two veggies need no cutting.  

thank you all.   so, many great ideas for not only tonight for the rest of the week and entering a really busy season for dh and myself.  I'm trying for as little take out as possible while we're working on getting my parents' house ready to sell.  So, over the next few weeks I need quick, easy, and healthy. So, now that I have an idea of what I want for tonight if you would like you can post any quick, easy, and healthy meals so I don't have to ask again in a week or two, ha.  

Thanks!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hjffkj said:

stir fries are usually a go to for me and they are certainly fast, but today I don't have any odds and ends so the chopping of veggies is longer than I'd like to do.  My plan for veggies is a salad I made for lunch, asparagus cooks in the oven, and likely brussel sprouts cooked at the same time as the asparagus because those two veggies need no cutting.  

I feel your deep cooking rut feelings.  I am soooo sick of cooking every meal and eating every meal at home.  Before the pandemic we ate out a few times a week and now we just never do.  We might get take-out once a month and we're so ruined from home cooking that NOTHING from a restaurant tastes right anymore.  Last week I seriously took a trader joe's Chinese chicken and mushroom meal and fried it up with lo mein.  That and a bag of salad was a 5 minute meal.  I need more of those.  

Since you have veggies planned, I'd just season the chicken in a way that goes with the veggies, pressure cook it, and serve it on the side.  Put if over rice if you're an overachiever.  When are we getting our replicators???

ETA:  If you go to Six Sisters Stuff on youtube, they have a few freezer to pressure cooker meals that are super fast to prep.  I like the Pork chile verde.  In some videos they assemble five meals in just a few minutes.  That sounds like what you need this week.

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 1

Sheet Pan/Oven Chicken Fajitas

there’s lots of recipes out there...basically cut everything (chicken, onions, peppers) up, season (easiest is with taco seasoning if you have it on hand, but it’s not my fav for fajitas. YMMV) cook in sheet pan then serve on tortillas. 

You could also do this with Italian pork sausages  (or chicken sausages), peppers and onions, and serve with pasta or on sub rolls.

I was going to put my recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken, and then saw that Whitetavern above has the exact same recipe with a different name-Chicken Diable sounds much fancier!  This is a universal favorite around here.  I make it for company if they have picky kids and it usually goes over well.  I usually don't bake the whole hour or the meat is too dry (30-45 mins depending on thickness). We pour the sauce over rice. Yum! All it dirties is a few measuring implements and a 9x13 pan.

• Like 2

Honey-mustard chicken is a favorite of ours too.

A very easy and yummy recipe (but not very healthy) that my mom used to make is to put the chicken breasts in a casserole dish. Mix a can of cream of chicken soup (without added water) and a pack of dried onion soup mix, and pour over the chicken. Bake about an hour at 350 degrees, and serve over rice.

• Like 1

Marinade in a brine made with: buttermilk*, fresh rosemary and garlic**, salt and pepper, perhaps some thyme. Cook in the usual way, discarding the excess marinade. If you like, you can roll the breasts in panko before baking.  That is the absolute easiest recipe I know for chicken breast.

* You can probably use yogurt instead, in which case you may want to use dill or mint instead of rosemary.

** You can used dried in a pinch.

Super easy and crazy good despite being on the stove--

One package of 4 chicken thighs--they can be skinless or not.  Or a package of 3 half breasts.  (This recipe scales easily)

Saute briefly.  You want them to be white all over, maybe a tiny bit gold but not browned, not enough to dry them out, but not raw.

You can use Pam or olive oil or butter.  I usually use olive oil.

Dump in two cans of Campbells condensed cream of chicken soup.  It doesn't matter which one--low salt, healthy request, regular.  Do not add other liquid.

Cover and simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.

It makes its own gravy, which is awesome.  You can serve this with boiled potatoes or steamed rice, or add dumplings 5 minutes into the simmer.  I usually don't do the dumplings but poppy seed ones are great on this, and polenta ones are completely different and also very good.

Reheats well in the oven.

4 hours ago, Karen A said:

I was going to put my recipe for Honey Mustard Chicken, and then saw that Whitetavern above has the exact same recipe with a different name-Chicken Diable sounds much fancier!  This is a universal favorite around here.  I make it for company if they have picky kids and it usually goes over well.  I usually don't bake the whole hour or the meat is too dry (30-45 mins depending on thickness). We pour the sauce over rice. Yum! All it dirties is a few measuring implements and a 9x13 pan.

Yes! If I use boneless breasts (which I typically do) it takes much less time! Thank you noting that. 

My easy chicken breast/thigh meal - cut up sweet potato and zucchini (courgettes?) and capsicum (peppers?), onion if you like. Cook them in the oven for about half an hour, throw cut up chicken breast/thigh on top. Cook for a bit. Swirl it round in the pan, add garlic and herbs (ie rosemary/thyme) if you like. Eat it. I will eat this every day I like it so much. Might add white beans if I want to up my legume count. 

• Like 1