Menu

Has this been posted? No sew masks?

Night Elf

I tried it yesterday. I found the hair ties to be a bit short, but I’m thinking I can find a pair or two of hose to sacrifice. We have a lot of bandanas because it seems like every program DD goes to uses them to color code kids into groups. 

What dmmetler wrote. 

I just ran to try this. I have the larger hair ties and it’s still going to pull in the ears really uncomfortably within a few minutes. 

However! If you slide a pair of shoelaces in instead you have a good tie back!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, freesia said:

This is the nicest no see one I have seen. Origami face mask—I live it. Thank you. 

Should we bleach them or is wash/dry ok?

The other thread talked about ironing them after washing in hot and drying hot.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Plum said:

I was thinking of trying this. I do not sew and know nothing of fabrics. Would 100% cotton dinner napkins work if I lined them with a filter material?

I’m certainly no expert but I think cotton napkins could work well even without a filter.

8 minutes ago, Lady Florida. said:

Dh uses bandanas when he's working outside. I confiscated a few of them to use for these masks. 🙂 

I don't think we have a single one in our house. I've been checking our sheets, and they aren't 100% cotton because a lot of them are microfiber or a blend. I'm wondering about 100% cotton t-shirts, but I'm not sure it's a tight enough weave. 

• Sad 1