Menu

Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza

AmandaVT

Someone recommended this game in a thread recently and I just need to say THANK YOU!! I ordered two decks and gave one to my family and another to a friend. We have now played during two different Christmas celebrations and it has been a hit for all. A few sore hands, 2 jammed fingers and 1 slight stab wound from a long fingernail, but we have all loved it young and old! 

Thank you!

• Like 2

I also ordered it after reading about it here!  We played it tonight amidst much laughter.  We expended so much energy in the first game that our second was a bit subdued, but we went on  to play several other card games for a very successful family game night. 😀

I was the OP who asked about family party games and I am so glad this game was recommended! We’ve only gotten to play twice, but both kids (who roll their eyes at the prospect of playing games with their parents) loved playing. They even said that maybe they would invite their friends over to play with us. Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza was a BIG win!!

My 12yo requested and received this, and he’s over the moon!  Personally, those dang “special” cards drive me absolutely insane but, overall, it’s been a lot of fun without any set up or clean up, which tends to be what keeps us from pulling out certain games more often.  Definitely a win!

2 hours ago, Ottakee said:

Is this a game where you need to be quick?  I. Looking for games to play with my kids but all 3 (plus son in law) have intellectual impairments and slower processing speed.   So far we have done Left-Right-Center, Apples to Apples Junior, and uno.

Yes, it's a quick reaction game (with visual and speech discrepancies -- say one thing but see another). 

And yes, it's a dangerous game!! 😂 DD fingernail-stabbed me last night. Ouch. 

For those that liked this game, we got another game from my mom for Christmas that's very similar. It's called Color Smash (it's another visual/word discrepancy game with slapping). 

Edited by alisoncooks

@Ottakee - we like the games you listed and we got a game called Cinco Linko for Christmas. It's a "make 5" game (like connect 4) with some variation. Easy to learn and can be cooperative (players working together to stop another from making 5) or not. We've played this several times since getting it. Your players might like it. 

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ottakee said:

Is this a game where you need to be quick?  I. Looking for games to play with my kids but all 3 (plus son in law) have intellectual impairments and slower processing speed.   So far we have done Left-Right-Center, Apples to Apples Junior, and uno.

Yes to quickness—    And otoh it might help to develop more quickness.   It also might be possible to add difficulty for people who are naturally quicker so as to level the game out more for players with different abilities

it also takes physical ability so someone who can’t slap the pile would have trouble (unless maybe teamed with someone who can)

7 hours ago, domestic_engineer said:

I too bought the game because of the Hive!  

Does anybody adjust or modify the game for slower processors?  If so, what have you done?

I figured out a handicap to answer my own question ..... Distance.  Put the discard pile close to the slower processor & far away from the faster processor (and make sure the faster processor keeps their hand and deck close to their body).