Menu

Who's going to tackle Tuesday with me?

Selkie

Good morning!

I didn't see a Tackle thread, so here goes!

• office work - a few more bills, banking, filing
  • try again to place a Best Buy order (their website was being glitchy last night)
  • take puppies to vet at 2:00
  • get coffee with dd
  • make boys' beds
  • order horse meds
  • work on Christmas things
  • dd has a violin lesson
  • dinner: ?? might not cook tonight - if I do, it will be fried rice
Edited by Selkie
  • Like 8

Good morning! Finals start today for dd2- she seems pretty relaxed about most of them. Not too much going on today, I think. More laundry and clean up. Ds2 needs to get a few things done and ds3 has a few things to finish today.

• coffee/paper
  • dd2 off to school
  • check bank and pay a couple of bills
  • clean kitchen
  • laundry
  • bathrooms
  • this time- clean sewing room- I am about halfway done. 
  • dust basement and vacuum
  • wrap a couple of packages that will be delivered today
  • finish off some quick projects
  • read a little
  • no tennis today
  • not sure about dinner

Have a great day!

• Like 7

Hi all,.  Our crazy but normal weather gas had snow last Tuesday and tornadoes yesterday.  Today back to cold windy weather.  

Meds, prep for going out 

Dentist 

Call Dr R and reschedule

Call Dr G and schedule

Call PT and/or health advocate and get proper pt evaluation and OT too 

AAA

Art Museum

Botanical Garden

Movie???.

Laundry ???

Dinner

Decorating 

• Like 8

Hi, all! We are back from our mini-vacation -- we went to Universal Orlando for a few days (Thurs to Sun) and it was amazing. Now, back to life. 

Today: 
-coffee
-bake banana bread brownies for boys' DnD snack today
-cut the strip sets from last week into the subsets and start sewing the units together
-leave at 1 to take 2 boys to DnD, then oldest to doctor's appt (see my other thread, and y'all, please pray; he's in a constant state of "zoned out", described once by his psych as mild catatonia; it's much worse now, he's not aware that it's worse, he's off his meds since summer although they never really fixed it, either, and we're just at a loss)
-once home from the doctor, either wrap gifts now that we got our tree finally, or take oldest shopping for his brothers while they're gone
-dinner will just be breakfast for dinner, as just DH, me and oldest will be home
-hopefully more sewing in the afternoon/evening, but will depend I guess on how long the doctor takes, if she sends us for more stuff, etc. 
-also, call/follow up on DH's missing XFL Christmas order
-figure out something to order for my dad/stepmom for xmas
-do the rest of the decorating in the house (nativities, etc.)

Please pray for the doctor's appointment. DH and I are very, very worried. DS is simply not functional, at all. (we literally prompt him to eat, bite by bite, for ex., only he's not really aware of how bad he's doing). I just desperately want the doctor to at least have an inkling of an idea of what direction to turn/what path to go down to investigate/get to the bottom of this. 

• Sad 8

Howdy guys.  I am mega stressed out today.  Besides the normal stuff, I had a client send me a nasty-gram.  There was a typo in an email I sent yesterday morning (wrong deadline date!).  Also I should have sent it at least last week so they could plan to do a deadline item by yesterday.  There are other things that are not my fault that seem related, and this is a new person at the client, so she thinks this is all me.  Ugh.  I do so much free hand-holding for this client and they make my job so hard, and this happens.  So now I have that feeling of dread worse than usual ... even though honestly, this is no something to worry about career wise.  The work was winding down anyway and my profit per hour on their work is probably zero.  I just don't like people feeling that way about me.

And this probably would not be happening if I wasn't so behind in general.  Though I am doing better, is it ever enough?

Let's face it, I just want to be perfect.  How do I stop feeling that way?

Well anyway, today:

Done:

• Kids made it to the bus with all their stuff ready, for the first time in almost a week.  They were a few seconds late, but I can't worry about that with all the other issues going on.
  • Cleaned the kitchen & some clutter, and cleared out one junk collection area.
  • Caught up on emails, news, social media.

To do:

• Take a shower and get to the dentist on time (invisalign appointment).  They added on a cleaning at the last minute.
  • The pediatrician office is supposed to call me today about mental health stuff.
  • Work work work work work.
  • Kids will stay at school until after choir practice around 7pm, and then I will drive them home.
  • Pizza night.
  • Need to trouble shoot kid's calculator which just quit working.  They have a math test tomorrow with square roots etc ... kid is not good at learning new tools at the last minute ....
  • Kids' homework and all that jazz.
  • Whatever else gets done.
  • Like 8

Tuesday!!  

• take out the garbage
  • open up some amazon packages and get those boxes out before the recycle truck comes by
  • wrap gifts
  • look at the gift chart and gifts and see where I am with things
  • deliver cookies to the base for the cookie drive
  • do not eat a scotcheroo - they are not for you!!!
  • lunch with dh
  • stop at the exchange 
  • commissary grocery shopping - I rarely go there so that should be fun
  • make sure ds makes it to his afternoon appointment
  • do some homework
  • start on a little ornament project
  • something light for dinner - soup
Edited by WendyLady
  • Like 7

SKL, I'm sorry for the work stress. DH deals with stuff like that, where someone else makes an error/delays something, but he's the one in communication with the client, so he gets the brunt of the resulting yuck. It is pretty stinky to be in that position; I hope you're able to let it roll off you (easier said than done, I know). 

Everyone, thank you for the prayers; much appreciated. I'll update after the appointment. Now to bake before I run out of time....

• Like 5

Good morning! Late to the computer today, but very busy. 

Done:
Dd to her tutorial
Restoration company guy has been here to discuss our water-damaged floors and insurance etc.
Pumpkin bread baked for dd's teacher gifts
Details about ds' school plans clarified.
Math with ds.
Kitchen laundry dried, folded and put way. Ds' laundry is running now.
Arranged lunch plans for Friday

To do:
YNAB - still haven't gotten to this and must do it today!
Wrap pumpkin bread and write notes to go with it, then drop it off.
Make sure ds eats lunch Says he's not hungry. He's happy playing with neighbor kids - nerf guns! 
Shower and dress more nicely  
Renew Costco membership
Pick up CSA box  
Appointment at 4:00  
Pick up dd  

Dinner is chili mac and salad.  

@TheReaderPraying for your son and helpful medical care soon! 

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 5

Praying for you and your son, (((Reader)))

kitchen clean

bathrooms wiped down

sheets washed and changed

read a little

dusted upstairs

basement clean and dusted

vacuumed basement- including cleaning roller and a clog in the main hose

Next up:

sweep, vacuum rug and stairs to basement

ds3 to gym

bills

lunch

• Like 5

Finished my dental appointment, which took longer than expected.  Now I am not allowed to eat nuts all day, which sucks because that is my go-to grazing food....

Got an appointment for my daughter with child psych, but earliest opening is in February!  And she will have to take off school.  Bah!  I guess it could be worse.

I have some work things I need to prioritize, including a call from a client which is stressful.  (Different client from the above - this one just doesn't like what I found / didn't find in his legal documents).  I am still stressed out and not on my prioritization game.  Really just want to go to bed and cover up my head ....

• Like 6

Wednesday here but hey.

mission is mostly to survive the heat again

pet jobs are mostly done because I don’t feel like lugging water when it’s hot

There’s a baby magpie getting fed outside my window so I might put some water out for them as well

next Up

meat out to thaw 

hang a load of washing

chook water out

shower and dress

• Like 6

Sent out the email to the client who didn't agree with me.  He was right.  But I blame the drafting error of the person who wrote the agreement - putting the info under a sub-heading that made absolutely no sense.  (It was a typo.)  Here's hoping they don't fire me for it. 

Now I really need to deal with some dumb emails I don't want to deal with ....

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Home from the doctor's appt. I only tiny-cried, only a little. Ha. Yay, me. 

Before I left, I did:
-cut the subsets from the strips for the current sewing projects
-bake (and make icing for/ice) banana bread brownies for the younger 2's DnD group
-took the younger 2 to their DnD group on time
-got to the doctor on time, survived the appointment

Since getting home, I have:
-called 3 doctors to make an appointment; left messages with 2, got an appt with one; if the other 2 call back and have something sooner, I'll switch
-talked to DH and briefed him on all of this

Update on the doctor's appt -- definitely an honest picture of DS's current state was seen by all. The nurse had to prompt him to climb onto the exam table. Twice. Gobs and gobs of bloodwork was ordered, along with a UA; we go in right after New Years to get that follow up. Got referrals for neurologist and, if needed, psychiatrist; I have an appt with one of the neuros, 2nd week of Jan, and will switch if one of the other 2 call back w/something sooner.

We didn't get answers just yet, didn't expect to, but I do feel confident that our doctor is pursuing everything even remotely possible, and will get us to the right answers. I learned some new things and am grateful he was open and honest, even if they do concern me. But I do feel like the doctor has a completely clear, honest picture/idea of what's going on and has all the info she needed to order all the right stuff, so now it's just a waiting game. 

Now that I'm home, I need to:
-start some laundry, fold some other laundry
-eat some food
-sew the strips
-tidy up the stuff downstairs
-maybe tonight we will wrap presents, after DH gets home, we can have a big "wrapping party" with the 3 of us while the younger 2 are not here

• Like 6

Busy day. The highlight was that I cleaned up the house for a Real Estate agent 'walk-through" to get feedback about all the stuff we need to do. Not a fun interview at all. At least I didn't punch her out. I was pretty stressed, and she kept talking about how she sold a house just like ours 2 doors down. I'm very proud of myself for all the cleaning I did, and my self-control during the walk-through. I'm enjoying a well-earned glass of wine and caramel popcorn. Mindfulness in action. I"m living in the moment! 😉

• Like 6

This is one of those days where I was rushed and busy all day, but didn't get nearly enough done. That's kind of the story of my life lately.

Got some office work done, but lots more to do tomorrow. Hoping for a day at home with no running here and there.

Got a little cleaning done. I wish I could take the whole day tomorrow to clean my house top to bottom, but that is not going to happen.

Made no progress on Christmas to-do list.

Dd and I took the puppies to the vet for their first checkup. Tigerlily weighs 10 pounds and Lupo is 11.2.🙂

Fueled up car.

Got coffee & picked up food while we were in town.

Ds19 came home for a few hours. He has one more final and a paper to write, and is feeling weary.

Watered plants.

Filled grain bins.

Did three rounds of horse chores.

Ordered horse meds.

Went over dd's schedule.

Still need to:

Get yucky towel out of car (Tigerlily got carsick).

Hang the three loads of wet laundry that are piled in a basket in the laundry room, and fold and put away a couple loads.

Wash grain buckets.

• Like 4

@Ausmumof3 your heat sounds wonderful, I love it HOT!  

I should have set the bar higher today - not enough accomplished beyond basic daily housework & Godchild gifts.  Realizing that I was low on the pieces needed (I order Fontanini for our Godchildren each year), I had to place an expensive Amazon order.  It is not the time of year for eBay deals on Christmas items - Sigh!  But, I also got my niece’s package mailed and went to evening Mass.  Time for a late dinner.

Edited by Familia
Grammar. Always grammar.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Familia said:

@Ausmumof3 your heat sounds wonderful, I love it HOT!  

I should have set the bar higher today - not enough accomplished beyond basic daily housework & Godchild gifts.  Realizing that I was low on the pieces needed (I order Fontanini for our Godchildren each year), I had to place an expensive Amazon order.  It is not the time of year for eBay deals on Christmas items - Sigh!  But, I also got my niece’s package mailed and went to evening Mass.  Time for a late dinner.

Lol really?  Even four days of 40c with fire risK?  Friday is forecast for 44 (111).  I know some people love it but for me anything over 32 is air con weather.

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Selkie said:

This is one of those days where I was rushed and busy all day, but didn't get nearly enough done. That's kind of the story of my life lately.

Got some office work done, but lots more to do tomorrow. Hoping for a day at home with no running here and there.

Got a little cleaning done. I wish I could take the whole day tomorrow to clean my house top to bottom, but that is not going to happen.

Made no progress on Christmas to-do list.

Dd and I took the puppies to the vet for their first checkup. Tigerlily weighs 10 pounds and Lupo is 11.2.🙂

Fueled up car.

Got coffee & picked up food while we were in town.

Ds19 came home for a few hours. He has one more final and a paper to write, and is feeling weary.

Watered plants.

Filled grain bins.

Did three rounds of horse chores.

Ordered horse meds.

Went over dd's schedule.

Still need to:

Get yucky towel out of car (Tigerlily got carsick).

Hang the three loads of wet laundry that are piled in a basket in the laundry room, and fold and put away a couple loads.

Wash grain buckets.

That sounds pretty productive to me

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Wednesday here but hey.

mission is mostly to survive the heat again

pet jobs are mostly done because I don’t feel like lugging water when it’s hot

There’s a baby magpie getting fed outside my window so I might put some water out for them as well

next Up

meat out to thaw 

hang a load of washing

chook water out

shower and dress

All done plus yoga.  Draped a wet blanket over the front of the aviary to keep the budgies cool.  Need to take ice packs out to the chooks and chickens soon.  Another round of dishwasher unstack and restack done already  Another load of laundry on.  Then lunch Prep for the kids will be chopped salad and cold schnitzel.

playing around on duo lingo for a bit while the kids watch a movie.  I need to tackle the bedrooms for the younger two and make some more progress on my school room. 

Edited by Ausmumof3
  • Like 5

@TheReader Glad you had a good appt. with the doc. Hope you get some answers and help for your ds soon!!

Done:

Put veggies away

Made b'fast and lunch for dh and cleaned up the kitchen. Even mopped the floor.

Read through cookie recipe

Worked on list for tomorrow

Vacuumed, once over lightly. 

Next up: Read and listen to a podcast. 

• Like 4