Menu

Gosh, it sure is hot out there! Everybody under a heat advisory, stay safe and cool!

Tanaqui

We broke down and bought a portable air conditioner for an upstairs bedroom. Somehow it's keeping the entire house comfortable.

We usually only get a handful of days like this a year, but I suppose it will be getting more common. 

Hope everyone is staying safe.

• Like 1

Last night, we went to the Apollo anniversary show on the National Mall and it was so hot just walking 10 minutes to get there and standing for like 20 minutes to watch it, that I really thought I'd melt. After standing there, it actually felt good to walk and told dh it was because at least you were moving the air around you if you were walking. Like, hey, it's a walking breeze or something. And then, at like 11pm, the temperature reading on our car said 100 degrees. Well after sunset. Just astounding.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, mlktwins said:

We had a swim meet this morning.  It felt like 108 degrees at 11 am :blink:!!!  One more day and then the cool down!!!

ETA:  And... our AC broke on our lower level this week.  Need full replacement 😢

OH NO.

Half our town had the power go out today.  Thankfully, we're in the other half.  But I haven't been outside for more than a few minutes and even the squirrels look like they're sloths out there.  We've got nearly 100% humidity.  If it wasn't for that, I think it would be more tolerable.

Dd18 is at the World Scout Jamboree in West Virginia. She says she’s gone past Melted and expects Lava to erupt from the ground at any minute.   

This is her 3rd trip into the heat back East so she is prepared, but wow is it hot!

Yes, terribly hot here. We are having the duct work replaced in our central unit as the old one was filled with holes. No idea how they got there-we just bought this place right before it got hot. We have a small window unit that is not keeping the place cool except early in the morning. I've been spending some days at the school.

There’s a part of me that feels ridiculous for complaining about 89/90/91*, but I’m so, well, acclimated to staying out of the 90s and having everything cool down overnight, so a wave of high (to me) temps with no relief is straight up icky.

Our high on Tuesday is only supposed to be 70. ❤️